PDA

View Full Version : Aspects

Ripeberry
08-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Well I've now got the gist of the 6 areas of learning PSE, CLL,PSRN,KUW,PD and CD and understand that we do the Observation, then assess what we have seen, linking it to the stage of development, then do the planning.
Do we have to include the 'aspects' in all of this, or are they just there to make it even more complicated?
For example on KUW, there are 6 sub-sections: Exploration & Investigation, Designing and Making, ICT, Time, Place and Communities.

My thinking is that I could do an Ob on a 16 month old child who likes to use a alphabet keyboard that plays music:
OBS
J pressed buttons on the keyboard to make the music play. He listens to the music and then turns it off and on again and he looks at me and smiles when it says "Bye-bye" and "Hello" to him.
Assessment
PSED- Looking for key person and interested in reaction
CLL- Making a noise when happy
PSRN- Actively exploring the buttons
KUW- Wants to know how it works
PD- Gross motor skills (standing to pick it up) Fine motor skills (pushing buttons)
CD- Responds to music by bobbing up and down.

Just where and how would you add the 'aspects'?

The 6 areas of learning are quite straightforward, the aspects just throw a spanner in the works. Or am I making it hard for myself? :panic:

Ripeberry
08-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Anyone? :(

sarah707
08-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Wellllllll .....

I have started to give the aspects numbers and it really really helps!

I link it to PSED3 or KUW4 and it saves all the writing.

Hth :D

hello kitty
08-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Yep, you are supposed to link to the aspects and also the themes ie Unique Child, Positive Relationships 1.1 or 2.4 or whatever.

I have changed my paperwork so I can just tick everything that applies each time so I am not writing loads each time. :D

Ripeberry
08-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Ah-ha! Thank you both. That is what I was thinking of doing, could not bring myself to write it all out! And although the initial Obs are just on a post-it note, the rest of it can over two pages of A4 it seems.
But yes, a code is a good way of doing it as when I met my daughter's reception teacher she showed me their EYFS learning journey and it was all written down similar to 'Developmental matters' and then everything else had a code so the teachers just put the Ob and add the codes.
Much simpler ;)
Thanks, I can get on with them now. :D