PDA

View Full Version : Daughter and work experience

childmind04
08-03-2010, 02:57 PM
My daughter via her teacher has asked if she could do her work experience with me???

Her teacher knows a parent i work for and knows i am accredited and says the girls who have had nursery/playgroup placements do nothing but play with playdoh, my dd is studying child development and also doing to the diploma in health and social and wants to work with children.

Has anyone done this before, do i need to inform ofsted, parents (she is 15)?

I was thinking of getting her to help me with accounts also to show her the business side of things too as well as showing her the eyfs stuff??

Susan

Twinkles
08-03-2010, 03:10 PM
When my son had to sign up for work experience we were told it couldn't be with a relative :( which was a shame as my eldest son is an engineer and that is also what Tom is interested in.

Check with whoever arranges insurance/work experience for your school. Ours is a company called 'Trident'.

Carol M
08-03-2010, 06:55 PM
My dd (15yrs) did work exp with me and two other minders in her week on work exp. We agreed it with school and informed ofsted and she was treated like any other student.She enjoyed her time with the other minders better than with me as I did the business side of the job and she got to play with the children more at the others.
She has also done work exp at a LEA nursery/ first school.
She has got a place at college for sept doing Health Care Studies and she wants to be a Midwife!
Carol:)

childmind04
08-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Thanks guys, i presume there is not a problem with her being my dd from the school side as it was the teacher who asked me, i have some forms to fill in so will ask on them :)

Will give ofsted a ring tomorrow, i am actually quite pleased as she is fab on the holidays and so i am hoping i can show her more on the development side of each child as i know this is something they are covering now as been getting asked loads of stuff ie when does a child normally learn to walk ;)

julie w
08-03-2010, 07:59 PM
My son asked to do work experience with me.Thinks I'm daft. His idea of work experience is getting up at mid day and playing on his x box the rest of the day!! I think not lol.

sarah707
08-03-2010, 08:15 PM
My dd did hers with me I kept her ever so busy all day! :D

teacake2
15-04-2010, 12:48 PM
One of my mindees asked me yesterday if she could do her work experience with me as she is being messed about with the school that she applied to. Would I need to inform OFSTED and MM if she did come with me? I was thinking of showing her planning, obs, how to risk assess etc, (she is 15)
Thanks
Teacake2