PDA

View Full Version : Ah new parent coming..

Jelly Baby
08-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Well people must know i have space as the phone has gone a few times but some do-able and some not..my friend keeps mentioning one and another friend another and she rung this morning! Don't think theres an answer really i'm just thinking aloud!

It will be for a 6 month old..4 days per week 8 hrs per day..sounds fab..i told her at the mo i couldnt do the hours she wanted but could possibly juggle things round and she still wants to come and see me as says i have been highly reccomended by my friend and also someone else so she is happy to come and try and work something out..really pleased.
This is where i have the difficulty..i do school runs in a school a good 15 min drive away..i have to keep doing them as my current mindees are all there and my new one signed up for Sept is..well signed up! so i can only really work 8am-3pm. I have a parent who knows that if full time work comes along i will drop her ds as only £4 per week which has been fine..she always has help so wouldnt leave her in the lurch..
So i can do the 8am till 3pm but this lady wants 8am-3-30/4pm and im not sure what days..she says she will not know till june..guess there is nothing i can do till then is there? dh says he's quite happy to help but not sure if he can?
I really hope monday goes well as really need this work and would love a young baby to look after.

So another Q is with a LO that little what do you usually ask as last time i had a baby round im sure i blew it by not asking enough..long time since ive had such a little one tbh and dont want to muck it up..help! I will have another LO here who is 3 and as good as gold so that may help take the edge off but who knows!

Meant to add that it's been about a year since i last had a parent round properly so going to be very nervous..think im awful at the meeting bit!..also had 2 other calls but trying to think about those too much at the mo as not heard anything back.
Thanks

huggableshelly
08-03-2010, 02:32 PM
DH can help by picking up your own children (if any) but other than that he needs to be registered as an assistant.

Is there a way the parent can meet you at school so you can work till 3:30 with collection being from school gates meaning you can still get home with the older ones? I have 2 under 5's that I do this with, handing them over at school or in the playground and it works well, parents know what classroms I pick up from and they come looking for me or wait by my car so I do not have to look out for them.

Be yourself, give baby and parent attention, plenty of eye contact and ask about routine too.

Jelly Baby
08-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Hi thanks..i collect dd and 3 others from school which is a good 15 min drive away so no mum can't be there as different school. Dh is my assistant so that sounds good for the possible odd day this may be a prob (may mean him doing 1 school run or staying with the baby for 1/2 hr tops) routines a good one, feeding, sleeping etc..ahh panicking already!

Jelly Baby
08-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Also!! i have never in all my time taken a deposit for a child as always filled pretty much straight away..the parent says she wont know till june her hours/days exactly so wondered what you do when she does know if she wants the space? a months deposit and non refundable if space not taken?
Thanks

Jelly Baby
09-03-2010, 09:23 PM
Hi well mini update! current parent who is leaving now has a new job..she rung me so excited bless her and i asked for hours..she doesn't know..so have to wait till thursday now to find out..hate the waiting grr!! have this new mum on mon still so would really appreciate some help with the deposit bit if poss? finding it really hard juggling them all at mo as i have been the same routine for years now is all going to erupt and change..it may mean i ahve to give notce on my school run boys too to make room for 2 full time ones who i have had for 4 years so kind of sad about that..ahh roll on thur when i know what i'm doing!
Thanks for reading!

TheBTeam
09-03-2010, 09:33 PM
No idea what the answer is but just want to wish you luck to get your head round it all and sort it out!

Jelly Baby
09-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Lol thanks..dont think i know either but hope it all works out too!! Thanks

angeldelight
10-03-2010, 07:50 AM
Hi well mini update! current parent who is leaving now has a new job..she rung me so excited bless her and i asked for hours..she doesn't know..so have to wait till thursday now to find out..hate the waiting grr!! have this new mum on mon still so would really appreciate some help with the deposit bit if poss? finding it really hard juggling them all at mo as i have been the same routine for years now is all going to erupt and change..it may mean i ahve to give notce on my school run boys too to make room for 2 full time ones who i have had for 4 years so kind of sad about that..ahh roll on thur when i know what i'm doing!
Thanks for reading!

Good luck for Thursday when you get some answers

Keep us posted

Angel xx

Jelly Baby
10-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Grr just wrote a long reply and lost it...

Basically i was saying the mum rung again today and asked me to write down what hours i can/can't do..ideally i need to be able to do 9am-3pm if not i will have to consider losing the boys i take/collect from school. Fingers crossed they want 9am-3pm..!

Thanks for replies x

Jelly Baby
12-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Ok *UPDATE*..awaited a call from current mum yesterday and nothing..we went out last night so wasn't suprised..I then asked her this morning and she said they hadn't said..:mad: ..i asked her what she was doing there and she said they were sorting her training etc and she was awaiting crb's etc..i said without ebeing rude with the best will in the world i needed to know what she wanted as maybe could not accomodate her and didnt want to feel like i was letting her down..she then said (which shocked me) 'iv'e told my boss that i ahve to give you notice etc' to which i said you have given me notice and she finishes in 2.5 weeks time to which mum said 'i know but'...i am soo confused and have no idea what is goin on with her anymore..sigh..
Had a fab enquiry this morning and hope it comes off..fingers crossed.

angeldelight
13-03-2010, 01:45 AM
Ok *UPDATE*..awaited a call from current mum yesterday and nothing..we went out last night so wasn't suprised..I then asked her this morning and she said they hadn't said..:mad: ..i asked her what she was doing there and she said they were sorting her training etc and she was awaiting crb's etc..i said without ebeing rude with the best will in the world i needed to know what she wanted as maybe could not accomodate her and didnt want to feel like i was letting her down..she then said (which shocked me) 'iv'e told my boss that i ahve to give you notice etc' to which i said you have given me notice and she finishes in 2.5 weeks time to which mum said 'i know but'...i am soo confused and have no idea what is goin on with her anymore..sigh..
Had a fab enquiry this morning and hope it comes off..fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed with the new enquiry

Keep us posted

Angel xx

Jelly Baby
15-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Aaah current mindee just cancelled..typical and new mum due any min..dh just had a right go at me as walking out the door so not feeling my most confident grr..must try to stay focused..i HATE the visits!! i now have visions of her trungin up with the baby in buggy and having to leave downstairs as think she is walking..(we have a town house) so that will put her off..what if he's asleep..omg i need to chill!!
I'll update later x

Jelly Baby
15-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Well doorbell went just after i had posted that last reply so went down..lady was stood there with gorgeous sleeping baby in arms and came in. She commented on how nice the house was and how long had we lived here etc which was a nice start!..offered her a drink and then sat down with LO who was now waking up..she looked through my portfolio and i held him while she read the book and he didnt cry or fluster at all, sat there smiling away at me..so sweet!

I answered everything she asked me and she loved what i do with the kids etc..asked about car seats and if i had tjhis and that and i said i would buy if not if she wanted the place..she then said those words..I DO!!..i should have been happy and am BUT she then started taking about her other children and how one may be moved to the other school i do..asking if i could pick up her son..i said no room in car if i take on the twins in the pipe lone but have no idea whats going on with them, she was fine with me having twins and said she really didnt want to lose the space so i said please get back to me asap so we can sort out..as will then have room for her son..IF he moved..ahhh..she wants after school care for her other son too so more work there just hoping it will all work out!!

She was here half hour and took my portfolio with her (friend of a friend so know she's trustworthy!)..as she left phone rang and it was my current mum about her new job (which im still awaiting hours) saying they had asked her to do silly hours but she didnt want to lose her place!..said again please spur work on and let me know! ahhhh

Now to ring the twins parents and try and spur them on a bit..will need a bigger car at this rate!