PDA

View Full Version : Notice

Tatjana
08-03-2010, 02:01 PM
I have nothing in my contracts about how notice should be given, ie verbally or written.

I am about to give written notice for my upcoming maternity leave and think one set of parents will want to give me notice when they read it so they don't have to pay me my last couple of weeks as they'll be on holiday.

So is it ok for me to ask them to give me written notice and not just verbal?

xx

The Juggler
08-03-2010, 02:11 PM
notice period's cannot include any unpaid periods of holiday. So they would need to give you 4 weeks working notice (as long as it's an NCMA contract anyhow).

good luckx

green puppy
08-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Yes I would get it in writing, just say it is common practice and that you keep it with the other paperwork that has to be kept. Also confirm that you have received it from them in writing yourself with dates etc.. that way there should be no misunderstandings regarding final dates and fees.

Tatjana
08-03-2010, 02:17 PM
That's great, thanks for your replies!

xx

huggableshelly
08-03-2010, 02:22 PM
get it in writing. I accepted verbal notice and parents changed their mind which then left me stuck as already signed new contracts with 2 on my waiting list and had done settling in sessions. Luckily the ages of the children meant I could keep them all on but means we all have to walk from school every day.

(reminder to listen to own advice as just accepted another verbal notice due to mom being made redundant)

The Juggler
08-03-2010, 02:27 PM
you've just reminded me I need to do the same. notice on 10th feb to finish 31st March but still no letter! I told them no hurry as long as was dated to end on 31st. Just sent a text now so thanks!