PDA

View Full Version : really gutted!!!

chewy sweets
08-03-2010, 01:20 PM
just had a txt message off my full timers mum saying she's been sacked and that her son is no longer coming to me. As from today!:eek: I've had problems with her recently with non payment.She still owes me 2 weeks! And can't see her paying me notice! Am really stuck now because my other mindee is only with me 2 mornings which is nowhere near enough topay my bills! Sorry to moan but really worrying! I've even applied for a job this morning when that's not what i want at all. Send some good wishes my way please guys! Thanks:thumbsup:

little miss chatterbox
08-03-2010, 01:22 PM
oh no how awful - poor you.

It is really worrying this job isn't it when things like that happen. Sending lots of positive, phone ringing vibes your way!

bexcee
08-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Sorry to hear that, make sure you invoice her for the notice period though even if you don't think you will get it it's worth a try and there's always the small claims court.
Hope another family is along soon for you.

Tink
That's disgusting that she has told you via a text message.

I'll send my good luck to you for the phone to ring XXX

doodles
Oh thats awful! Hope things work out and you get your notice money from her.

Pipsqueak
08-03-2010, 01:26 PM
I am sorry to hear that. So much for the recession is over:(

I would give her a call and tell her you need the notice in writing and that you are willing to come to an arrangement over the outstanding fees for the last 2 weeks and the notice period.

georgie456
08-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Poor you! I would phone her and advise her that as per contract she needs to give you notice in writing and needs to pay the notice period - don't assume you won't get it!! Doing it by text message just isn't good enough!

Hope you fill the space soon.

Twinkles
08-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Oh no. I agree Pip so much for the recession being over. I'm hearing more and more being made redundant now :(

It's worth a try to get your money.

Am sending positive thoughts for you to get a full timer ( one who actually pays !)

Beckieboo
08-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Im so sorry to hear that, sending you some good luck vibes and some big hugs!!! :)

helenlc
08-03-2010, 01:38 PM
I would still chase the notice period and their outstanding fees with you.

If she knows you are serious about retrieving them, she is more likely to try and come up with them.

The very least she owes you is 2 wks money for those 2 wks worked.

Good luck and hope something comes your way very soon.:thumbsup:

The Juggler
08-03-2010, 01:48 PM
oh hon, I'm sorry, that's awful especially if you expect a battle over fees. Are you with MM or NCMA?

~Chelle~
08-03-2010, 01:48 PM
I would send her an invoice with outstanding amount and notice period required, if she does not reply within 7 days, contact your insurance company and ask them to take action on your behalf.

Which insurance company are you with? Cos I have heard that Morton Michel will pay you the money instantly and will then chase her for monies owed!

I am really sorry that this has happened to you and hope you find something soon.

You could try childcare.co.uk and advertise yourself on there and also put up some notices in shops, local childcare groups etc.

Good luck x

Tatjana
08-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Write her a letter informing her she's 2 weeks behind payment and also needs to pay you your notice period.

Did you say she's been sacked or made redundant? Either way i'm sure she'll be getting some pay.

xx

chewy sweets
08-03-2010, 01:55 PM
oh hon, I'm sorry, that's awful especially if you expect a battle over fees. Are you with MM or NCMA?

I'm with NCMA dothey chase up non payment on your behalf then??
It makes me even more mad that she claims tax credits and because she's a single mum she gets it all paid for!!!!:angry:

The Juggler
08-03-2010, 01:58 PM
I'm with NCMA dothey chase up non payment on your behalf then??
It makes me even more mad that she claims tax credits and because she's a single mum she gets it all paid for!!!!:angry:

well, they do but they are not as good as MM, who pay you the money then chase the unpaid bills for you. Think NCMA takes a bit longer as they give you the money once they reclaim it from parents. Give them a call and see what they advice hon.

If she's claimed tax credits and not given the money to you, then a sharp word about fraud in her ear might not go amiss. I've a feeling your money might magically appear;)

brightstar
08-03-2010, 02:31 PM
Its the thing we all dread, i've just taken an after schoolie on (didn't really want any more) and am already fighting for the fees. I don't think this one will last long. Hope everything works out for you. Sending you good luck vibes......

TheBTeam
08-03-2010, 02:44 PM
I am really sorry to hear, sending you phone ringing and good luck vibes!

Jelly Baby
08-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Sorry to hear hope something turns up soon x

childmind04
08-03-2010, 02:53 PM
oh hun thats awful, i really hope something comes up quickly for you x

mum2two
09-03-2010, 07:28 PM
How awful! Can't believe she told you by text. You can go through NCMA, but you'll only get the money if the parent is worried about getting a CCJ against them.

I had a parent owe me over £800, and the NCMA legal team will take it through the courts, and issue a CCJ, but the parent who owed it to me, had others, so it didn't bother her, and I didn't get a penny.

That's where MM are better - they give you the money - then try and reclaim it!!

xx