PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping arrangements

jellytots
08-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Hi All,
Just after some advice on sleeping arangements please.
I've recently started minding and have a two year old and my daughter that both have a sleep after lunch.
I have been using my sons toddler bed for the two year old and my daughter goes in her cot and they share a room. It suits them fine and they both sleep well.
However I'm just thinking what offsted would think to this? I check them regularly as they are upstairs, and the room is safe i.s locks on windows heater cover.
Is this o.k do you think? Or do they need to be under constant supervision?
Your thought would be greatly apprecaited!
Thanks xx

bexcee
08-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Is the bedroom registered for childminding use?

I have one room upstairs (my son's room) registered for use by mindees but the other bedrooms are not and therefore I cannot use them.

My youngest mindee (16 months) sleeps upstairs in a travel cot. I use a baby monitor and regular checks to keep an eye on her. I don't think she would get much sleep if she was downstairs.

haribo
08-03-2010, 01:22 PM
as long as your upstairs is registered for minding it sounds fine -making regular checks is ok you dont have to sit in the room while they sleep :panic: maybe get a monitor so you can hear them and a gate on the door if they are able to get out of the bed /cot . i wih id had my upstairs registered its something im intending to have done now it would make life a bit easier lol .

helenlc
08-03-2010, 01:34 PM
That sounds fine as long as that room is registered.

My 21 mth old mindee goes in a travel cot in my DDs room.

My other 2 yr old mindee sleeps on the sofa. I put a bean bag on the floor next to the sofa - but he has never come off.

When I had my inspection 2 yrs ago, my mindee laid herself on the sofa and promptly fell asleep. Nothing was mentioned of it.

I check all sleeping ones regularly and use a monitor for the one who is upstairs as well.

I think as long as you show they are safe whilst asleep and the methods you use to check on them while they are sleeping, then its fine.

AliceK
08-03-2010, 02:43 PM
My mindee has a sleep after lunch and she goes in the travel cot in my room at the mo but has also been in both my DD's and my DS's room. I have a monitor in all the rooms and if shes in my DD's room I also have a visual monitor which comes through onto the TV in the kitchen so I can see her as well as hear her :)

xxxxxxxxxxxx

TheBTeam
08-03-2010, 02:48 PM
I have a conservatory and after lunch that becomes the sleep room, lay down cushioned mats and from around 16 months each child lays out there on their mat with their own sheet and blanket. Smaller ones are either kept for a sleep in the living room when and in whatever they sleep best in, whether this is a travel cot/layback chair or pushchair, i used to have one little one that slept in my sons room in a travel cot and i used a monitor.

I have a 9 month old baby starting in just under a month, so will either use travel cot in bedroom or pushchair or mat depending on how easily and how much assistance he needs to fall asleep.