PDA

View Full Version : Had my pack in the post end of last week!When will they turn up?

Tippy Toes
08-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Ive had my pack in regards to my inspection from the CSSIW. It will be my first unannounced inspection since I first started childminding about a yr ago...they have told me I need to complete the forms and return them by the end of the month, does that mean they wont turn up until the forms are returned? :(

Also any advise please as really nervous about the whole thing and worried about what they will do when they are here? :panic:

Thanks everyone x

Mel09
10-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Hi, I had my pack recently and posted it about 24 days after having it (it said to post within 28 days !) I then got the call today which was about 2 weeks after posting it to say that they are coming next week. It may be different for everyone else but that is how it has worked for me, hope that helps !

aly
10-03-2010, 09:41 PM
I had mine 2 weeks before xmas and had to fill them in and be sent back by 31st Dec....had my inspection on tuesday just gone

:thumbsup:

tulip0803
11-03-2010, 09:49 PM
They will come out within 3 months of you sending the pack back. They do not normally ring you before they come. Mine turned up about 3 weeks after the pack was sent back - and she said she had delayed it a week as I had a new starter. My friend was the same as Aly had to send it back by 31st dec & had the insp last week.

manjay
14-03-2010, 09:28 PM
Or they might just file your SAF and forget to come at all;) . They did come in the end to me once I had reminded them.

Good luck. I am sure you will be fine:thumbsup:

Tippy Toes
15-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Thanks for all your replies. What do they do when they turn up? Just want to be prepared, losing sleep im so stressed out!

aly
15-03-2010, 12:22 PM
they will just watch you with the children, check you rooms, talk to you about your paperwork, ask you if you need to chat about anything.

I was really stressed worrying about what would happen, but when she turned up i was not well with flu {was about to cancel mindee] so waws running later with hoovering etc so let mindee watch tv while i finished that then turned tv off and she was glad i did.

Please try not to worry, hard I know but mine was fab, even had a good report back.

Tippy Toes
15-03-2010, 01:00 PM
they will just watch you with the children, check you rooms, talk to you about your paperwork, ask you if you need to chat about anything.

I was really stressed worrying about what would happen, but when she turned up i was not well with flu {was about to cancel mindee] so waws running later with hoovering etc so let mindee watch tv while i finished that then turned tv off and she was glad i did.

Please try not to worry, hard I know but mine was fab, even had a good report back.

Thanks aly :) this has helped. I just need to calm down a bit :blush:

manjay
15-03-2010, 01:03 PM
Mine didn't actually stay long or look at very much:rolleyes: . I had completed a very comprehensive SAF and she was quite happy that I was doing what I said I was doing.

Just relax and work every day as if they could turn up any minute (which they will!!!)

Tippy Toes
15-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Mine didn't actually stay long or look at very much:rolleyes: . I had completed a very comprehensive SAF and she was quite happy that I was doing what I said I was doing.

Just relax and work every day as if they could turn up any minute (which they will!!!)

Thanks Manjay! Any tips for the SAF as this will be my first one and at a bit of an end as to what I should be doing! :blush: