PDA

View Full Version : suny washing day and bloomin neighbour as bonfire!!!

candy cat
08-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Washed all the towels ready to go out and neighbour as ******* bonfire:angry: Phoned council and not a law other than a nuisance then said Knock on their door and I said No I can't do that ( not a popular family) she then implied I had issues with them which we don't just don't speak ...She said I will make a note and asked for my name...I said I told you I am not giving it and I said not to worry I will put up and shut up.

Not very pleasant though is it.....opened the windows cus is's a lovely day and burning smell everywhere now!:mad:

Moan over thanks people cx

jelly15
08-03-2010, 12:54 PM
This happens a lot around here, maddening but what can you do?

youarewhatyoueat
08-03-2010, 12:55 PM
There is a stupid rule of not after 6pm I think!!!!!

One of my pet hates is bonfires on a nice day when I've opened all my windows for some fresh air!!!!

bexcee
08-03-2010, 01:00 PM
How annoying.

Bit of info on bonfires here but doesn't look like they are breaking any laws.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndCommunity/WhereYouLive/Streetcleaninglitterandillegaldumping/DG_4018684

helenlc
08-03-2010, 01:03 PM
There is a stupid rule of not after 6pm I think!!!!!

No there isnt anymore.

I called environmental heath a few yrs ago and there is no rule. They ask that you check with your neighbours to make sure you are not inconveniencing them as a courteousy.

Other than that, you can have a bonfire a any time.

I had rung cos I had taken the cover off the kids swimming pool while we went to Asda - thinking the sun could warm the water up a bit. When I came back, the neighbour was having a fire and the pool was full of ash!!:angry:

I waited til his wife got back (she wears the trousers!:laughing: ) and she said I cant beleive he is having it now, I told him to have it yesterday (Sunday) evening. She went in and then came back out and said he will be about another 20 mins, is that ok? I said Yes (what else could I say?)

But I had to clean the pool before they could get in.:angry:

LOOPYLISA
08-03-2010, 01:05 PM
My neighbours knock if they are having a bbq and my washings out :clapping:

~Chelle~
08-03-2010, 01:57 PM
I have two neighbour that always have bonfires or chiminea burning. One is next door and the other is at the back of me.

One time my kids were playing on their swings, which are at the back of my garden and my son came running in crying to say that something hit his arm, it was the embers of the bonfire:eek:

Shouted like mad and ended up going round there and having a row with the guy who thought that he was doing no wrong, told him that he had burned my son and he said he would put it out straight away. I looked over the fence when I got home and it was an open bonfire which was right next to the fence! :angry: Told him if he lit it again I would put the hose on it, he hasnt done it since:laughing:

Next door are just a pain the in butt as every time it is nice, hang the washing out and open all the windows and she lights the blooming chiminea :angry:

If she starts this summer will have to go and ask her to move it to the side of her property and then it wont affect us.

Neighbours, who'd have them!!!

Ripeberry
08-03-2010, 02:38 PM
:o I'm a bonfire burner, well I was last night. Been doing lots of clearing of old vegetation and yesterday evening our neighbour had a big fire going. I went upstairs to check for washing and nothing was out, so I got ours going and managed to clear loads.
I only do bonfires when the wind is North or East as then it blows over the fields and not towards the houses.
Had to have a shower and put all my clothes in the wash as they stank of smoke after though :rolleyes:
Another neighbour accross the way burns things everyday, don't know how his neighbour puts up with it.

Alibali
08-03-2010, 03:50 PM
My neighbour always bbq's in the summer when my washings out, drives me mad!

caz3007
08-03-2010, 05:19 PM
I was out the other day and hubby saw smoke coming from between the old lady at the backs shed and the wall. He went to the wall and called out....it turned out she has an incinerator and was burning bills

WibbleWobble
08-03-2010, 05:56 PM
dont you just love people!

2.30am (yes in the night) OH and i were woken to some lovely person near to us setting off a load of fireworks!:angry:

Sunday night/monday morning!

OH thinks its students (we live behind the Uni)...they dont have to get up for work in the morning.

mamasheshe
08-03-2010, 06:03 PM
oh you must live on my street xxxxxx