PDA

View Full Version : Nearly had my first mindie starting....but then...

candy cat
08-03-2010, 10:18 AM
A lady phoned Wednesday and was desperate to find childcare for son.The main problem was she didn't drive. Told her to come for a visit and thought i'd arranged for next day (her english not brill) she then turned up on my door.
Then said too far and had another CM in mind,but preferred me. I then said I could possibly help her temporary so she said well can you fill in paperwork now.I said yes, but you will have to pay deposit. She said no I don't want to do that as I might use this other CM. Next day she phoned back and said I will come tou you on Monday. Part of me wanted to say No as she was messing about etc,but I am desperate for my first mindie. But she didn't want a contract........sorry long story!!

Emailed and made it clear we would have to have a contract etc....payment up front etc. Got a message Saturday saying she found someone else.

I am quite relieved as I think she would be a nightmare!!

Just want a mindie :(

Paws
08-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Good grief!
Sounds like you are better off out of it!

mammumof4
08-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Awww thats a shame, but sounds like its for the best :) im having problems with parents aswell so your not alone and i know how you feel,
hopefully a new family wil come aong soon xxx

Jelly Baby
08-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Aww sorry to hear that but you have had a lucky escape by the sounds of it. My friend had a mindee like that..nothing but trouble.
Hope something comes along soon x

Alibali
08-03-2010, 04:49 PM
I agree, lucky escape

Tink
08-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Oh that doesn't sound good.

My advice would be to be careful though as beggars can't be choosers.

Tatjana
08-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Start as you mean to go on, if they seem like trouble they probably are!

Good luck in finding your first mindee asap!

xx

Bitsy Beans
08-03-2010, 05:40 PM
A lucky escape. TBH it took me 4 months to get one mindee one day a week but even though I was feeling a bit desperate I don't think I would have resorted to someone who messed me around quite so much. If she was this high maintenance about picking then I suspect everything else would have been high maintenance and that includes getting your money.

I hope something comes along soon for you x

miffy
08-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Sounds like it would have been nothing but trouble - you were right to stick to your guns and I think you have had a lucky escape.

Hope you get something soon

Miffy xx