PDA

View Full Version : im so mad!! and upset :(

mammumof4
07-03-2010, 10:08 PM
ok i need to have a moan!! sorry, cant talk to my bf about this anymore as he is sick of hearing it!
i have a mum who is behind with her payments, every excuse you can emagine and is now waiting for tax credits to sort her money out, like its my fault
im 2 soft!!! now to top it off..........
had a family come to see me yesterday, after failing to turn up last week! i rushed around cleaning the house, sorting out paper work and toys ect, got a bit stressed with it all as i had my kids running around, moaning they are bored ect ect so i wasnt in the best of moods and was moaning at everyone not to make a mess, my bf snapped at me and said he doesnt know why i bother going to all this trouble for parents when they dont even pay on time, cant be bothered sending spare clothes, nappies, collect late, mess me around ect ect! this put me in a worse mood than before and we didnt talk to each other for 4 hours! not like us at all!!!! we have never argued or fell out in the 3 yrs we have been together so this has really upset me

anyway the parent then called to say they would be an hour and a half late!
by the time they turned up i had had enough, it was past my kids tea time and everyone was hungry, the child was also very grumpy as it was past her bed time and was very dirty from playing outside at grannys house! but i put on a smile anyway and got through the meeting "ok" and they signed for lo to start monday morn, dad was very carefull reading all the back pages of contract (NCMA) and got me to cross off the 4 weeks notice for end of contract holidays ect as he said it wasnt fair we didnt get to eat untill 9pm!
well i bet you can quess whats coming next! he just called, at 8pm tonight (sunday night) to say a friend has offered to look after the child all next week so wont need me after all and will call me towards the end of the week if he needs me next week!!! my weekend ruined for nothing, my kids and boyfriend upset over it!!! im so mad!!
i told him it would still be half fee to keep the childs place open and he said thats not fair! dont keep the place open then, i will call if i need you next week and see if you still have a place!!!! the ****** nerve! how can they mess me around like this????
sorry to go, im just sat here trying to find a reason not to ring ofsted tomorrow and resign my registration!

mrs c
07-03-2010, 10:28 PM
Do you really need the money from this parent? Wouldn't do it otherwise. If this is how they are starting off then there is no respect for you and you just get the feeling you will continually get messed around and be at their beck and call.

HappyH
07-03-2010, 10:53 PM
I agree with Mrs C. I read your post & feel wound up for you! They sound like trouble to me, especially this business with getting rid of the notice period. That's there for them as much as you. Personally, I would steer well clear and take great pleasure in telling him no thanks when he calls. But that's just me.
Give your bf a hug and sleep on it.

zillervalley
07-03-2010, 11:01 PM
I would be very tempted to cut my losses and when they phone say i am sorry but i filled the place, and say you will have to look for alternative childcare

but all depends on what financial position you are in to turn them down

i am also wound up for you the cheek of them:angry:

ziller

bexcee
07-03-2010, 11:03 PM
Why would he want to remove the notice period?? At least you can give them notice (or actually not give them notice) and finishe immediately.
I would personally avoid this family, if they are doing this to you before they even start properly if will only get worse.
Another family will be just around the corner

wendywu
07-03-2010, 11:04 PM
I personally would not touch this family with a Barge Pole.:censored:

I would also tell the parent who is behind that she needs to pay you even if she needs to sort out a loan, it is NOT your problem.:mad:

Pipsqueak
07-03-2010, 11:07 PM
have you double posted mammof4? I am sure i have replied to this thread:huh:

Heaven Scent
07-03-2010, 11:48 PM
I had a family a bit like this last year and they had the cheek to come back to me again a few months later & all because of the bad year I had last year and was despirate for money for Christmas I considered taking them back until the dad started his S*** again and then I just rang the wife and told them I couldn't put up with it and it wouldn't work. I wish I'd just got rid when they started messing me around in the summer.

My advice to you is tell them that you no longer wish to offer the place to them and as dad has crossed out the notice period they won't have a leg to stand on.

GET RID AND MOVE ON!!!!!!

Bushpig
08-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Be glad you see hoe difficult this parent is PRIOR to the contract going ahead and you starting an attachment to the child - because then it's always so much harder to terminate a contract.

As the others have said - do not touch this family. If they do call again just say the space is gone... even if it hasn't.

The Juggler
08-03-2010, 07:15 AM
replied to you in members area hon. keep away is my advice!

oakie dokie
08-03-2010, 07:35 AM
it's not worth the hassel, stay well clear, you have lost nothing and gained plenty!...... they want it all on their terms!

miffy
08-03-2010, 07:38 AM
I think you've had a lucky escape!

Miffy xx

Gherkin
08-03-2010, 07:40 AM
If he has removed the notice period - give them notice. Once they start like this they will go on like it. Your best off without the hassel imo.

Good luck.

angeldelight
08-03-2010, 07:41 AM
I think you've had a lucky escape!

Miffy xx

I agree

Angel xx

Tinglesnark
08-03-2010, 07:59 AM
oh goodness me yes you have had a lucky escape there! stick to the contracts and i wouldnt suggest bending on your contracts. stick to what you decide and if they dont like it then they can walk away
good luck and keep your chin up
x

mammumof4
08-03-2010, 10:12 AM
have you double posted mammof4? I am sure i have replied to this thread:huh:

yes sorry i have, i posted it on the members only bit aswell but they realised more people come on here :blush:
i was so upset i just needed to talk to someone :crying:
sorry, i wouldnt normaly post twice. how do i take it off the other thread?

and thanks everyone for replying, it makes me mad that parents have the nerve to do this to someone. i wouldnt dare! i will be avoiding this family and i really hope they call next week desperate for a place and i WILL take great pleasure is saying a big fat NO!!!
i feel a bit better now, thanks xxxx good job i have you lot :)

youarewhatyoueat
08-03-2010, 01:00 PM
God what a bad time xx

But try to learn a lesson from it, do not be bullied into changing your terms, and always get payment in advance.
Stand up to them its your business, just tell them thats the terms and stick to it.
Good luck, there are plenty of decent parents around, I hope they soon come your way. x

Tatjana
08-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Agree with what everyone has said, they are TROUBLE, if they've stressed you out this much already and upset your whole family, stay away from them!

xx

Zoomie
08-03-2010, 02:31 PM
Yes definitely tell them to head, but remember you still have a contract, so need to give them their 'no notice period' notice in writing.

Ripeberry
08-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Tell them if they ring back that the space is no longer available..simple as that :mad: I would not want them. Both parents who came to me on time and I still have, are really great are paying on time and we all understand each other :) .
Hope you are all feeling better and you have made up with your BF :)

Jelly Baby
08-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Oh gosh what a nightmare..so sorry for you. I would have great pleasure in telling them 'sorry but it went last night' type thing!
I have dealt with a parent like this before tbh and it is a slippery rd to stress! I lasted 4 weeks before ending the contract.
What was the 9pm eating bit about didnt get that bit?
You have had a lucky escape really!