PDA

View Full Version : Next steps...

Helen Dempster
07-03-2010, 04:49 PM
hi gang

Can anyone help me on next steps, please? I'm writing an ob about a 3yo mindee who was using clipart and had a pic of an aeoroplane. He was making it 'fly' by using the up and down arrows on the keyboard, plus the mouse. I really don't know what to write or do for 'next steps'...and in fact, if there are any!?

Thanks in advance.

sandy64
07-03-2010, 04:53 PM
you could look at books of planes, colour pictures make airoplane models.:) just a few ideas.

Helen Dempster
07-03-2010, 04:59 PM
you could look at books of planes, colour pictures make airoplane models.:) just a few ideas.

Thank you. I really am stuck on the next steps bit of the obs. Find it really hard (and I'm sure it isn't really, it's just me making it hard!) LOL!

nannymcflea
07-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Did he say about colours or use language such as "flying" "high".

You could look at planes with propellers and jet engines, planes for the army and commercial flights.

You could role play an aeroplane to go on holiday, make one from a cardboard box, have snacks in it etc.

I'd say to continue with ICT perhaps something he can print off, can he use a camera to take a photo of a plane in the sky or a duplo plane he has made and print that off?

You could do maps with places or holidays he/you have been on and see how far the plane has had to fly. This could lead to him taking a bear and diary with him for the weekend or on holiday and parents can write in and take piccies for you to share when he gets back.

Have fun.

Helen Dempster
07-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Did he say about colours or use language such as "flying" "high".

You could look at planes with propellers and jet engines, planes for the army and commercial flights.

You could role play an aeroplane to go on holiday, make one from a cardboard box, have snacks in it etc.

I'd say to continue with ICT perhaps something he can print off, can he use a camera to take a photo of a plane in the sky or a duplo plane he has made and print that off?

You could do maps with places or holidays he/you have been on and see how far the plane has had to fly. This could lead to him taking a bear and diary with him for the weekend or on holiday and parents can write in and take piccies for you to share when he gets back.

Have fun.

Some great ideas here, thanks. I like the one about taking a pic of a plane (yes, he can use the camera). I've been wanting to get a Travelling Ted, but I only have the one mindee so didn't really think it would be worth it, and he doesn't go away that often! I love the map idea too - thanks hun.

PS: And I agree...missing David already :-(

The Juggler
07-03-2010, 05:45 PM
I think you could link to PSRN - directional understanding. He used the directional arrows to move it.

Next steps could be to see his full understanding of which arrows link to up and down through use of a a bee-bot, lift buttons etc. or another PC game which he needs to use the directional arrows to move something on screen.

Also next steps could be to introduce other directions such as left right, diagonal?