PDA

View Full Version : filing 2009-2010 tax

sophiestars
06-03-2010, 09:17 PM
This may sound like a daft question, but I try and keep up to date with my accounts by doing them at the end of each month, so at the end of March I will be in the position to complete my accounts for the tax year 2009-2010.

My question is.....can I file my tax return online as soon as I have done it as it seems that alot of people rush to get it done for the Jan 31st deadline and I'm not sure why as it's another 10 months away.

TheBTeam
06-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Pretty sure you can not do it till the earliest 6/4 when the tax year has finished, and i think from memory after that i had to wait a few days, but i know what you mean i do mine at the earliest opportunity each year!

beccas
06-03-2010, 09:32 PM
i do mine end of april every year or when they send me a form to do it

Jelly Baby
06-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Hi i have also never understood the Jan thing and leaving it till the last minute..i like to get mine out of the way and my bill paid!!

I have done mine about the second week in april a few days after it is all done (6th isn't it off the top of my head the final day)..
Good luck x

sarah707
06-03-2010, 09:55 PM
I do mine within a week or so of getting the form.

I need it done and off my desk so there's room for everything else :D

Pauline
06-03-2010, 10:20 PM
i like mine done by end April, out of the way and ready to enjoy summer!

Tired
07-03-2010, 06:15 AM
I suppose some people like to keep their money in thier accountuntil January and get the interest rather than pay it to the IR in April. But the amount most of us are dealing with is so small it makes no difference.
Personally, I do it as soon as I can,I like to get it out of the way.

sonia ann
07-03-2010, 08:39 AM
I fill in my tax return asap and then plan my tax payments to suit myself either lump sum or smaller amounts spread from April until January:)

Pauline
07-03-2010, 09:35 AM
I suppose some people like to keep their money in thier accountuntil January and get the interest rather than pay it to the IR in April. But the amount most of us are dealing with is so small it makes no difference.
Personally, I do it as soon as I can,I like to get it out of the way.

I do my return in April but don't pay the tax due until end January :thumbsup:

manjay
07-03-2010, 09:36 AM
I do my return in April but don't pay the tax due until end January :thumbsup:

I do my return in April too but try not to pay anything;)

TheBTeam
07-03-2010, 10:59 AM
I do my return in april and so far when it has been small hundreds to pay have paid straightaway, this year will be more, have around 50% in expenses and can think of nothing we have missed, but will still have a bigger amount to pay, so may well hang on to Jan 11 to pay this one!

hello kitty
07-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Ooops just me then, panicking and rushing to get it in by the deadline in January! :blush:

Ripeberry
07-03-2010, 12:30 PM
I only started earning in September 09....will they let me know when I have to do the tax ??:eek:

Chatterbox Childcare
07-03-2010, 12:40 PM
I only started earning in September 09....will they let me know when I have to do the tax ??:eek:

You can lodge it anytime from April as you tax year will be Sept 09 - April 10. I don't see you as paying any tax but if you do it would be due by 31st Jan 2011.

My figures are up to date and I lodge my return in April online. I can then make sure I have my tax to pay in my account in Jan. I don't let the tax office have it early as I collect the interest, what little there is!