PDA

View Full Version : Slow Cooking

patevans
06-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Does anyone have a slow cooker recipe book, brought one from the works which is ok but sure there are better ones out there. Which would you recomend?

patevans
07-03-2010, 05:04 PM
I just mad a sausage casserole recipe from the book I have and its absolutely disgusting :angry:

little miss chatterbox
07-03-2010, 05:09 PM
oh no!

I have just recently got a hamlyn one isbn number is 9780600620693

i haven't cooked anything out of there yet tho!

I'll try and find my sausage casserole recipe

jumpinjen
07-03-2010, 05:22 PM
I just chuck random stuff in mine and it cooks lovely.... my favourite combo at the mo is stewing beef, big chunks of carrots, big chinks of onion, an oxo cube, some pepper, some crushes garlic, some pearl barley and enough boiling water to coverr it all... I leave it on high for an hour then low for 8-10 hours aor high for 5 hours if I'm in a hurry (ha ha!!) I chuck in some gravy granules and whack it back up to high and it makes a yummy thinck gravy... lovely with mash or bakies, or dumplings!!

jen x

Blackhorse
07-03-2010, 06:20 PM
mine is from Catherine Atkinson and is called Slow cooking
there are some lovely recipes in it.

I have also found a few very good ones on this page here so if you put slow cooker into the search bit then you will get a lot of recipes too!

sarah32
07-03-2010, 06:41 PM
I just chuck random stuff in mine and it cooks lovely.... my favourite combo at the mo is stewing beef, big chunks of carrots, big chinks of onion, an oxo cube, some pepper, some crushes garlic, some pearl barley and enough boiling water to coverr it all... I leave it on high for an hour then low for 8-10 hours aor high for 5 hours if I'm in a hurry (ha ha!!) I chuck in some gravy granules and whack it back up to high and it makes a yummy thinck gravy... lovely with mash or bakies, or dumplings!!

jen x

Did exactly this on friday with dempligs, was lovely.:)

avril
07-03-2010, 06:52 PM
Yep, that's what I do too, chuck it all in and put it on low from around 8am to 5pm.
Tomorrow I'm using it with stew steak, onion, carrots, mushrooms and a packet mix sauce of I can't quite remember at the moment:rolleyes: all served up with veg and roasted spuds.

Spangles
07-03-2010, 07:14 PM
I love my slow cooker but I'm looking for 'bung it all in' recipes at the moment. Will use the ideas above at the weekend and see how it goes!

My favourite thing at the moment is to put in some pork loin steaks, bar-be-que sauce, onions, carrots and mushrooms and just leave it on from about 1pm to 5pm, it's gorgeous!

PixiePetal
07-03-2010, 08:17 PM
I have 'the ultimate slow cooker' - sara lewis (hamlyn)

tried a few recipes - great curry and lamb ones:thumbsup:

jumpinjen
07-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Sorry to lower the savoury tone, but my book reckons you can cook choccie cake in a slow cooker!!!!!!

You rarely get a post here without someone mentioning chocolate, thought I'd be the first tonight!!!!

Jen x

Blackhorse
07-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Sorry to lower the savoury tone, but my book reckons you can cook choccie cake in a slow cooker!!!!!!

You rarely get a post here without someone mentioning chocolate, thought I'd be the first tonight!!!!

Jen x

the book I have has recipes for cakes and other sweets too but I havent tried it yet...maybe I should ;)