PDA

View Full Version : Skin Tones & Multi-Cultural Activity Idea

yummymummy_2006
16-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Did anyone order the bmsonline pack with the multi-cultural healthy eating sheets?
I got mine the other day and I've photocopied the planet food children sheets and the map - what I'm going to do is colour in the map and small pictures of the people on the left hand side of the sheet and laminate them and attach small pieces of velcro on the back of the people and on to the map and make an activity poster. It could even be used as a topic board - get children to pick a particular person and have a week where you talk about that particular "persons" customs, where they live, foods they have, clothes they wear ect.
I think this is a good idea but I'm having problems knowing what colour the skin tones of the people should be - bearing in mind I've only got light brown, dark brown, pink and peach pencils. Does anyone know where I can find out the skin tones of people in different countries?

crazybones
16-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Did anyone order the bmsonline pack with the multi-cultural healthy eating sheets?
I got mine the other day and I've photocopied the planet food children sheets and the map - what I'm going to do is colour in the map and small pictures of the people on the left hand side of the sheet and laminate them and attach small pieces of velcro on the back of the people and on to the map and make an activity poster. It could even be used as a topic board - get children to pick a particular person and have a week where you talk about that particular "persons" customs, where they live, foods they have, clothes they wear ect.
I think this is a good idea but I'm having problems knowing what colour the skin tones of the people should be - bearing in mind I've only got light brown, dark brown, pink and peach pencils. Does anyone know where I can find out the skin tones of people in different countries?

The Kids from Planet food pack arrived right in the middle of my inspection last week. I got loads of brownie points because she had never seen it before and spent ages pouring over it. Ive got loads of ideas in my head but just need to write them down to get the best use from it. Photocopying is a great idea.

miffy
16-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Why not use google images to look for people from different countries?

miffy xx

sarah707
16-03-2008, 01:11 PM
You can get skin tone pencils on Ebay - my pack has 12 and is made by 'Lyra' :D

childminder54
17-03-2008, 12:18 AM

is that the web site bmsoline ive tryed and cannot find it veronicaxxx

Monkey1
17-03-2008, 06:16 AM
Thats a lovely idea well done.

crazybones
17-03-2008, 06:20 AM
is that the web site bmsoline ive tryed and cannot find it veronicaxxx

Try here Veronica

http://www.bmesonline.org.uk/resources/orderfree.php

sarah32
17-03-2008, 08:27 AM
Ive ordered mine again as didnt receive them:(

childminder54
17-03-2008, 09:38 AM
Try here Veronica

thanks annie

veronicaxxx:littleangel: :littleangel:

Tatia
17-03-2008, 11:27 AM
I just ordered Kids From Planet Food. I'm assuming it's free as I wasn't prompted to pay or anything? Dumb question, I know!:rolleyes:

crazybones
17-03-2008, 11:42 AM
I just ordered Kids From Planet Food. I'm assuming it's free as I wasn't prompted to pay or anything? Dumb question, I know!:rolleyes:

Yes its free :clapping: and it is fantastic :clapping:

Banana
17-03-2008, 12:01 PM
It is a really good pack!!

xx

childminder54
18-03-2008, 02:40 PM
Try here Veronica

annie do you get this throught the posty or email as ive tryed to order but doesnot ask for my address..thanks

veronicaxx

crazybones
18-03-2008, 03:58 PM
It came through the post. I think you need to register first then order.

childminder54
18-03-2008, 04:07 PM
i did register put when i clicked on what i wanted the page didnot say contioned or anywere to put address i will try again to see what happens thanks..

veronicaxxx:laughing:

crazybones
18-03-2008, 04:18 PM
If you have registered they have your address then and should just send it to you. After ticking your order click on basket and then I think its confirm order.

Trouble
18-03-2008, 07:59 PM
i have made my own from an old oxfam book and just keep adding to it

Monkey1
18-03-2008, 08:03 PM
That is lovely!¬ Where did you get the top bit from....we are all different...?

miffy
18-03-2008, 10:07 PM

Ditto!

Miffy xx

Tatia
19-03-2008, 10:04 AM
That's really nice, Rascal. What a great idea (and very green, too, recycling like that!). I've got several OXFAM books lying about.

Trouble
19-03-2008, 05:30 PM
it says we are all alike
we are all different
we are all friends
i found it on the internet somewhere i think its in my favourites

you can type you own things and add it to it

homeless
hungary

we live in your world
130 million do not go to school

but once you start it you can add to it

and it was cheap to do:clapping: :clapping:

Tatia
25-03-2008, 07:53 AM
How long did it take for your's to show up? Maybe Easter hols slowed them down but I was hoping to have it by now!

crazybones
25-03-2008, 08:04 AM
When I ordered it I think it took a good couple of weeks before it showed up.

miffy
31-03-2008, 06:55 AM

Di can you let us know the answer please

miffy xx

lindylou
31-03-2008, 07:29 AM
I got the pack thats a great idea and i bought the skin tone crayons from our local play council for 99p if you have one in your area its really cheap
Linx

LittleMissSparkles
31-03-2008, 08:43 AM
thats the link that kept booting me out when i tried to order anything saying i needed to sign in but i had and it was really frustrating so i just gave up in the end x