PDA

View Full Version : i feel stupid

beccas
06-03-2010, 11:12 AM
:panic: i am sat here panicking becasue my sister who is currently my assistant has ofsted comming next thurs for her pre reg inspection....

i know its nothing and not to worry she has everything in order, i have made sure but it is still in the pit of my belly, plus its a inspector who i have never met also but heard lots about so we will see.

i still feel like i should be ready just incase she asks me anything.... has anyone experinces a pre reg for a assitant becomming a childminder iyswim. i said to her i am going to spend all morning at the park no matter what the weather lol.

Chatterbox Childcare
06-03-2010, 12:35 PM
I haven't heard of Ofsted vetting an assistant before? Are you both working from your house and she is coming to register your sister as a childminder in her own right?

beccas
06-03-2010, 12:36 PM
yes sorry she is going to be working with me as a childminder in her own right

Mollymop
06-03-2010, 04:52 PM
I am sure she will be fine. Good luck to her from me!

(I would end up spending the day in the park too, I don't blame ya! haha)

TheBTeam
06-03-2010, 05:26 PM
We must have been lucky cos my dh didnt have to have a pre reg visit, our do came out to sign him up to get the free icp and that was it, so he didnt have to do the pre-reg briefing or have a pre-reg inspection. He registered and then had an inspection about 7 months later.

Good luck to you both, i am sure all will be fine.

beccas
06-03-2010, 05:29 PM
she is half way thorugh pre reg, done child protection, doing first aid and done lots of other training. so she should be fine but its that ofsted feeling we all get.:blush: