PDA

View Full Version : Conservatories

snufflepuff
05-03-2010, 09:56 PM
I know many of you have conservatories that you use as playrooms, and i was wondering if you would mind giving me an idea of how much it cost? I know it will vary lots but i'd just like a bit of an idea so i know if its an option for me or not. I have tried google and so on but the websites all want you to give your details so they can ring you for a quote and i cant be bothered with all that, constant phone calls and so on!

Trouble
05-03-2010, 09:58 PM
mine was £200 :D :clapping: it was someone s elses they didnt want and hubby and friend made it fit, :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: the doors that go into it were £2,500 thou old patio doors which i left on:D

snufflepuff
05-03-2010, 10:02 PM
ooooo what a bargain!

Doubt i'll get one that cheap, im not that lucky unfortunately!

~Chelle~
05-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Try putting an advert on freecycle, in case anyone is getting rid of one, you never know.

Failing that, my friend had one put on her house and it cost £7.000!

We were lucky, the conservatory was here when we brought the house. x

Trouble
05-03-2010, 10:04 PM
ooooo what a bargain!

Doubt i'll get one that cheap, im not that lucky unfortunately!

have a look in your local paper, it all depends on room at the back of your house, i had the money to by a brand new one but bought this one and said if its not right ill buy a new one nothing lost

getting someone to fit it is more expensive

have a look on ebay, local paper:thumbsup:

if you dont look youll never know:D

crazyhazy
05-03-2010, 11:24 PM
A lot depends one how big a conservatory you want and what your house is like. My parents had a 4mx4m one put on their bungalow 2 years ago and it cost £16k. But they have steps up to the bungalow so the wall round it had to be built quite high to level it up, plus it is huge, but the main reason behind getting it was so there was somewhere for us all to sit for xmas dinner, and there's usually at least 12 of us :)

suzyblue
06-03-2010, 09:42 AM
My friend had a conservatory put in a couple of years ago and it cost £10,000.

andreaschildcare
06-03-2010, 10:55 AM
mine is costing £5600

Cammie Doodle
06-03-2010, 02:13 PM
mine is costing £5600

which company is that with?

teacake2
06-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Wish I had got room for one:( :(
Teacake2

Ripeberry
06-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Wish I could get a conservatory. We just have a 'sunroom' which basically looks like a giant lean-to greenhouse. Over the years we have put sun shielding on the roof and at one end, but it still gets warm in summer and quite cold in winter as it is single pane glass (safety) with metal struts.
Our neighbour had a new conservatory built for £20,000! but they only use it to dry clothes in :eek:

TheBTeam
06-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Wish I could get a conservatory. We just have a 'sunroom' which basically looks like a giant lean-to greenhouse. Over the years we have put sun shielding on the roof and at one end, but it still gets warm in summer and quite cold in winter as it is single pane glass (safety) with metal struts.
Our neighbour had a new conservatory built for £20,000! but they only use it to dry clothes in :eek:

You must live next door to my friend!:laughing:

helenlc
06-03-2010, 09:51 PM
About £1000!!!:jump for joy: :clapping:

My friend gave us the french doors off a job he was doing. The next door neighbours let us have the windows from their old conservatory and we made the measurements around those!!!

Its about 3 m wide by 2.5 m deep - I would have loved bigger but would have lost all my patio!

snufflepuff
07-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Well, it really varies doesn't it!
My OH's dad can fit it so that should keep costs down a fair bit, and we couldn't have a huge one because the garden is'nt big enough. So hopefully that will keep the costs down a bit. We've been looking on ebay and theres some pretty good deals.
Thank you ladies!

bibi571
07-03-2010, 10:04 AM
We'd to have our's built up 2 steps and to have it under the planning laws it needed to be 3.1 m by 2.5 m before it needed planning in south lanarkshire. Needed completion certificate before i could use it for minding and needed care commission officer to inspect it before using it for minding.

Including having a knock through of our kitchen window and french doors on them through to the new conservatory which is used as a dining room off of the kitchen - mainly for mindees and the old dining room as a playspace it cost £11,500.

Would have cost as little as £8,000 if we didn't have to build up so high as the brick work is expensive as they have to have the brickies here for longer but the foundations and base work took 3 days and the frame 2. In total the whole job was complete in 5 days. Great job and loads more space, included adding in a radiator to the current cenral heating, although in the dead of winter we do still have delonghi heater and are looking at roof blinds for this summer!

Barbara :littleangel:

SimplyLucy
07-03-2010, 10:14 AM
I've just had a conservatory built for £18000.

It's 3mx4m internal floor space and has dwarf walls.

It's huge and love it!

It wasn't the cheapest project, but is goes over drains, manhole cover, has the waste pipe boxed off inside, full height wall on one side, dwarf walls and fully platered inside etc.

nokidshere
07-03-2010, 01:01 PM
I've just had a conservatory built for £18000.

It's 3mx4m internal floor space and has dwarf walls.

It's huge and love it!

It wasn't the cheapest project, but is goes over drains, manhole cover, has the waste pipe boxed off inside, full height wall on one side, dwarf walls and fully platered inside etc.

Mine is also 3mx4m, covers manholes and drains etc and has dwarf walls - and it only cost me £6000 :laughing: