PDA

View Full Version : Messy Play?

crazyhazy
05-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Ok, so I've not done a great deal of messy play with my girls, the eldest used to go to nursery while I worked and done lots there and since the little one came along and I went back to work, there's just never been time. So, this week was my first full week with them and today I got out the shaving foam for them to play. The little one is 17m and was a bit puzzled by it all but was keen to feel and even try and taste it, but my eldest whos 3yr had a ball, she was just sat covering her hands and toes in it :laughing: So, since it was such a success I'm looking for other messy play ideas cos my inspiration is a bit lacking at the moment. And obviously all this will be good practice for when I have some mindees too :clapping:

beccas
05-03-2010, 09:15 PM
gloop - cornflour and water then add food colouring it is endless

spagetti out of a tin

soap flakes - dry or with water give them a wisk and food colouring again

playdough

water

instant mash

marble painting thats a good one

make butter - use a empty tub put some cream in add 2 marbles(clean) put on lid and shake until thick

Winnie
05-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Playdough
Cornflour -gloop
mashed potato
flour and baby oil
jelly
water
sand
mud
cooked pasta
leaves, staw, cones- not really messy :)
paint- finger painting, table-top painting-add a small amount of pva glue and you can print off the marks

i'm sure there are others

haribo
05-03-2010, 09:28 PM
gelli baff i got some from tesco) is quite good too for instant messy play ,then you add a sachet of something and it turns back to water :thumbsup: mine made a swamp and added all the dinasaurs was good fun

loocyloo
05-03-2010, 09:46 PM
wallpaper paste with glitter is good fun:D

i once visited a nursery that used the teabits from inside used teabags ! dried of course!

PixiePetal
05-03-2010, 10:37 PM
wallpaper paste with glitter is good fun:D

i once visited a nursery that used the teabits from inside used teabags ! dried of course!

careful with wallpaper paste, some has fungicide in it :eek:

crazyhazy
05-03-2010, 11:15 PM
Thanks lots of ideas for us to try there, knew you girls would have some! Looking forward to next week now and trying some out.