PDA

View Full Version : ncma or mm

little daisies
05-03-2010, 08:47 PM
just wundering if anyone has gone from ncma to mm and regretting it. i`m thinking of swapping over but don`t know if i should:huh:

Tina O
05-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Sorry I'am with NCMA and not sure if anyone else would cover me over here (Germany) soo have no knowledge of MM.....but then again I have never had a problem with NCMA xx hope you get some answers.

christine e
06-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Remember NCMA is a professional body campaiging for childminders at both local and national levels and is a registered charity so non profit making - mm is a profit making company

Cx

miffy
06-03-2010, 08:14 AM
I'm with NCMA and always have been.

I have thought of moving to MM but decided to stay with NCMA because I think it's the best way of getting our voice heard - we might have had to pay much larger Ofsted fees if NCMA hadn't campaigned on our behalf so they get my vote and my money.

Miffy xx

little daisies
06-03-2010, 09:06 AM
its just that ncma are usless in helping to get back fees owed by parents and i`ve heard mm are a lot better so didn`t know if it was worth swapping or not. it doesnt seem how careful you are regarding payments from parents theres always 1 that slipps through and messes you about

Merry-Minder
06-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Im thinking about this as well and I did start a thread a couple of weeks ago in the members area, so there are a few opinions there to have a look at too.

My main reason for thinking about switching is the same as you, its a big deal to have a parent run off without paying.

Its a tough decision to make:(

clio0602
18-03-2010, 02:16 PM
I got a grant for the starter kit and chose mm as they seem better at getting your unpaid fees. Their contracts, in my opinion, are much easier to understand than NCMA aswell.

I'm getting NCMA membership seperately this yr as its my first yr so could prob do with their support!