PDA

View Full Version : Hand washing

sarahcoutts21
16-03-2008, 09:31 AM
does anyone have posters for handwashing i made one yesterday and it really seems to have helped the children in washing hands befroe snack and things like that. i then bought childrens hand towel to make it more fun and so far touch wood it has worked i hope it keeps up!!!

just thought id share my idea

Banana
16-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Yes I have a hand washing poster in the downstairs loo, going to be changing it shortly for a new one though - im bored of the other one now :D

x

miffy
16-03-2008, 10:26 AM
This has come up before so there should be another thread somewhere on the forum if you look around

There's one here www.henrythehand.com

Miffy xx

Tily Bud
16-03-2008, 10:28 AM
yes i have one that i made myself, but there are loads that you can download off the internet x

crazybones
16-03-2008, 10:30 AM
does anyone have posters for handwashing i made one yesterday and it really seems to have helped the children in washing hands befroe snack and things like that. i then bought childrens hand towel to make it more fun and so far touch wood it has worked i hope it keeps up!!!

just thought id share my idea

I have a few handwashing posters dotted around but the one that actually did the trick with my worst offender was the one he made himself and I laminated and put on the door inside the downstairs loo. Am sorry to say that the worst offender was actually my 8 year old!

sarah707
16-03-2008, 10:30 AM
I am in the process of updating mine by using photos of children washing their hands :D

crazybones
16-03-2008, 10:31 AM
I am in the process of updating mine by using photos of children washing their hands :D

:laughing: Maybe I should make a really large photo of Ciaran washing his hands to remind him. :laughing: Sort of name and shame thing

wendywu
16-03-2008, 11:24 AM
I have three that :thumbsup: i got ages ago from the internet. The one the children like says Sink thoes germs and shows green blobby germs with their hands in the air being washed down the plug hole:laughing:

Then there is the one telling you when to wash your hands with pictures.
Then one with hands being washed and a reminder. Plus a picture of a padlock with remember to knock. Then a child on a potty with "a gender neutral bathroom". I go in for over kill!:laughing:

MY downstairs clockroom was an outside one until i built the conservatory so they do not have to ask me to go but help themselves, if you see what i mean. I do not like them locking the door so with the older after schoolers they have to learn to knock and wait.

lizzymoonshine
16-03-2008, 11:59 AM
I have about three posters in my downstairs loo, henry the hand is great, we even have a poster with a step by step guide to washing your hands!

the ofsted lady loved them, she was in there ages, was beginning to get a little worride!!!!! :laughing:

miffy
16-03-2008, 01:47 PM

That's a good idea Sarah - are you using photos of the children in your setting?

Miffy xx

chelle
16-03-2008, 03:31 PM
This has come up before so there should be another thread somewhere on the forum if you look around

There's one here www.henrythehand.com

Miffy xx

thanks for that miffy, just had a look and down loaded a poster, like the catchy song on there too :) :)

sarah707
16-03-2008, 04:23 PM
That's a good idea Sarah - are you using photos of the children in your setting?

Miffy xx

Yes! I am trying to get a photo of all the little ones individually and cos the come on different days and at different times I keep forgetting so it's taking a while! :rolleyes: Nearly there now! :D

sarahcoutts21
17-03-2008, 09:20 AM
WOW!! thanks you guys for all the help just made one for down stairs i nthe kitchen above the hand towel and i will done for upstairs too thanks!!