PDA

View Full Version : Am claiming my house back!

miss mopple
05-03-2010, 04:38 PM
Yesterday I went up to our office (posh word for box room/ dumping ground that just happens to have a desk in it :laughing: ) and looked at the toys stacked in the corner, then went into my daughters room and opened her cupboard that is crammed full of childminding stuff, then came downstairs to my dining room that has been converted into a playroom, and finally realised I am not living in a tadris after all :laughing:

Sooo, have had a brainwave and decided renting some storage is the way to go. Mentioned it to my mindees mum and we have come to an agreement for me to use her garage for a small fee :clapping:

I cant wait to get all the stuff I dont use day to day in there and turn my house back into a home :thumbsup: Its only a few mins away so rotating toys etc will be easily done and over the winter I can store some of the garden toys to stop them getting ruined.

Needless to say DH is over the moon. He wont be though when I tell him that now the office will be clear of toys Ill want him to redecorate it :laughing:

ORKSIE
05-03-2010, 04:58 PM
thats a brill idea:thumbsup:

Just a thought tho....make sure everything is packed away in bags.................so you dont get any creepy crawlies in them:eek:

sandy64
05-03-2010, 05:11 PM
well that worked out well for you could do with more space why do we have so much and keep buying is it a cm thing lol:)

manjay
05-03-2010, 05:16 PM
It's a fab idea. My D has a storage unit he uses for his business but I think my stuff takes up 3/4 of the room!!! I visit it every couple of weeks and swap my resources around:D

Curly Quavers
05-03-2010, 05:20 PM
It's a fab idea. My D has a storage unit he uses for his business but I think my stuff takes up 3/4 of the room!!! I visit it every couple of weeks and swap my resources around:D

how much does a said unit cost? If I wanted to I could rent one up here and put it through my books. It is definitely worth thinking about as my own dd's grow up and don't get any use from the baby / small child toys in the house.

manjay
05-03-2010, 05:23 PM
how much does a said unit cost? If I wanted to I could rent one up here and put it through my books. It is definitely worth thinking about as my own dd's grow up and don't get any use from the baby / small child toys in the house.

It depends on the size you rent. We have quite a large one as dh has lots of equipment and it goes through his books. Think ours is about £40 a month.

Heaven Scent
05-03-2010, 05:46 PM
It depends on the size you rent. We have quite a large one as dh has lots of equipment and it goes through his books. Think ours is about £40 a month.

Is it a national storage group or is it just a local one?

miss mopple
05-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Thats quite reasonable, I thought a storage unit would be more than that. I did toy with that myself but our nearest one is 10 miles away so would a be a pain of I needed to access something quickly.

Hadnt thoughtof creepy crawlies :eek: Oh well, could always turn toy rotation into a minibeast hunt :laughing:

TheBTeam
05-03-2010, 07:49 PM
I share a rented council garage with another childminder and we put half the cost each through our books, I store most stuff in tuffcrate type boxes and what wont fit in large dustbin bags and have not had any trouble as long as cloth is covered in a bag it has been fine.

We have had the garage just over a couple of years now and it had made a huge difference to my house!