PDA

View Full Version : over 8 years old

hayleychildcare
05-03-2010, 04:05 PM
I have just had another 2 parents come looking for places forthere kidss both over 8 years old.
Are we literally allowed asmany as we want. My insurance is 11 children Altogether.

Thanks for the helpxx

dobby
05-03-2010, 04:35 PM
OFSTED will want to see that care of younger children is not adversely affected by having the older kids but aside from insurance then in theory yes you could have a few of em :rolleyes:

I love my 8yo after schoolies they are no bother at all, get on with each other, help themselves to the crafts and ask if they want to use other things like computer,WII etc but that aside, I hardly know they are here except to feed them :D

caz3007
05-03-2010, 04:40 PM
I have 5 over 8's and they are great, they dont want to do a lot of organised activities, they like to watch tv, play on the game or go and play in the garden. Apart from the odd argument, they are no problem at all

Ripeberry
05-03-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm always restricted to how many I can fit into my car, so including my children and a neighbour's child that I bring home (3 kids), the most I could have with no space for a buggy is 3 more (7 seat Zafira).
Must be great being able to walk to school :p

caz3007
05-03-2010, 05:14 PM
I walk, I dont have them all every night, most on one night is 4 plus my own DS and any LO's

teacake2
06-03-2010, 03:29 PM
I only have one over 8 and he comes to me on his own from school and is only with me for one and a half hours at most, by the time he has got here from school, had a drink and snack all he wants to do is watch some telly, parents are fine with this and the little ones are either asleep or have gone.
Teacake2

Chatterbox Childcare
06-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Ofsted only limit your under 8's so as long as you have insurance in place you can have as many as it states in total

Be aware that on inspection Ofsted do ask how you accomodate the Under 8's when you have the over 8's as well.