PDA

View Full Version : iphone and pogo printer

specks4
05-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Hi

My friend is looking into buying a pogo printer, she knows it isnt compatiable with the iphone becuase hasnt got bluetooth. She has a lead which connects the iphone to the copmputer via usb and wanted to know if she could use this lead to connect to the printer from the iphone and could she print pictures that way.

Or doesnt it work with the iphone at all

mum2two
05-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Isn't there a bluetooth app...??? I've only just got one, and thought I saw one whilst looking through them all...

xx

Tinglesnark
05-03-2010, 03:37 PM
errr the iphone does have bluetooth :thumbsup: tell her to look in the settings bit and then look in the general bit and she will see the bluetooth option :)
i havent actually tried my iphone with my pogo yet but it will deffo work with the cable so thanks for that! :thumbsup:

specks4
05-03-2010, 04:10 PM
thanks for that i will tell her to look under settings, she has had the phone ages but still doesnt know how to use it lol

cabby
05-03-2010, 04:18 PM
the iphone has got bluetooth but it is still not compatible with the pogo, not sure why its all technical jargon to me:blush:

its the only thing stopping me getting the printer at the moment...

BUT I WANT ONE:crying: :crying: :crying:

miss mopple
05-03-2010, 04:48 PM
I may be wrong but if my HTC phone is anything like the I phone its because although it has bluetooth capabilities it cant export images that way. I just use mine with my camera as my phone photo quality is rubbish anyway

patevans
05-03-2010, 05:47 PM
The iphone only supports the bluetooth protocol for handsfree and headset telephone devices. It will not connect to a laptop, other phones, etc :(

mushpea
05-03-2010, 05:57 PM
I just spoke to the company that makes the printer to see what phones its comaptable with as i am changing my phone and he said the iphone is not compatiable, its somthing to do with the phone and not the printer,, dont know what tho

hello kitty
05-03-2010, 06:12 PM
The iphone only supports the bluetooth protocol for handsfree and headset telephone devices. It will not connect to a laptop, other phones, etc :(

Yep that's right Emma. You can't bluetooth songs or pics to other devices. The bluetooth is only to enable a hands free device or headset. :)

LOOPYLISA
05-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Yep that's right Emma. You can't bluetooth songs or pics to other devices. The bluetooth is only to enable a hands free device or headset. :)

:thumbsup:

specks4
06-03-2010, 05:50 PM
will it work if you connect the lead from the iphone to the printer?

button68
06-03-2010, 05:54 PM
If I download the pictures off my iPhone to the computer can I print them on the Pogo from there.

The bluetooth on the iPhone is maddening isn't it :angry: about as much use as a chocolate teapot!!! :mad:

Tinglesnark
06-03-2010, 05:57 PM
i tried it and it truely is pants :rolleyes: