PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted - HELP!!

Jules12Wed
05-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Had the call yesterday from Ofsted I'm shaking in my boots. The thing is I am doing Spring this month but need some really good ideas linking to the EYFS. I have 7 under 5's, all on different days of course!!!

Anyone any ideas of some good crafts to do whilst inspector here.

Much appreciated.

Pipsqueak
05-03-2010, 02:12 PM
the trick is to go about your day as if she wasn't there (I know easier said than done!).
don't suddenly introduce something new to the children - they will show you up lol

have you checked ****** and Activity village for craft ideas

how about paintings - blue skies and yellow suns - actually that is making me feel all spring like

using cotton wool and making some lambs

spring is about new life and beginnings so something based around that?

lou lou
05-03-2010, 02:34 PM
i have been doing spring this week i printed off some sheep templates and got the children to stick cotton wool on them and i have also done 2 chicken templates and i got a yellow duster and cut it into small pieces and the children stuck them onto the chickens and we have done a sun in which the children painted yellow and i got a blue dish cloth and stuck it on the picture and said it was the sky all i need to do now is find some pictures of daffodils and i will get them to stick them onto the picture i must say i think our picture looks quite good and it looks like spring hope this helps

janiefear
05-03-2010, 02:46 PM
We've planted some tomatoes in little propogators (sp) - they loved getting the soil in the little squares and then putting the little seeds in each one - loads of opportunities for numeracy, KUW, CLL and everything else proabably. Am gonna do peppers and beetroot too - want to do potatoes aswell.

Good luck and try to be calm.

Jane

Jules12Wed
05-03-2010, 02:51 PM
I know I need to be calm but I just get so nervous!!!!

miffy
05-03-2010, 04:21 PM
There are some ideas on this thread

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=53419&highlight=spring

Good luck

Miffy xx