PDA

View Full Version : Help needed this morning!!! - UP DATE

katickles
16-03-2008, 08:34 AM
Had a call yesterday from a lady whos coming to see me this morning. She needs care for lo who is minded by nana whos poorly. I think its mon-fri
8:00-5:30.

As i understand this is temp until nana is better, so could be a couple of weeks or even a few months (no idea whats wrong with nana).

What i need to know - if she decides she'd like me to care for child, how do i go about contracts as its only temp care? :panic:

She's coming at 10:30 this morning - so will let you all know how it goes!

Well mum & dad have been & lo starting tomorrow 8:15!!:clapping: :clapping:

I'm really looking forward to it. Decided after talking that for now we'll just work on a weekly basis, paying each week on the Monday in advance for that week. Really not sure whats up with nana. Mum says that dad really didn't want to send lo to a childminder as always been with family, but they know she needs to recover? Didn't want to ask what was wrong incase its something that they didn't want to talk about, or they just might have thought i was really nosey!!! Anyway, because of this we've not got a contract as they are hoping it will be for a few weeks. Good for me as i gain some more experience.

So got my first full week - well nearly full week as its good friday i'm not neede to work. But do have my other mindee Tuesday & Wednesday & my little girl so i guess i'll be glad not to be working Friday!!:laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for all your help & i'll keep you posted to let you know how i cope! :)

sarah707
16-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Once you get a better idea of the length of time she will need you for, you should be able to work out whether to use a temporary contract or a normal one.

Still try and organise some sort of settling in and make sure you still use some sort of cancellation get-out in case the child is overly disruptive or doesn't settle etc.

As it's temporary I would def ask for money weekly in advance.

Apart from that, mother will need to complete your usual permissions form, read and confirm reading your policies and procedures and sign your emergency medical permission form. Then you can talk about the child and find out his individual needs, likes / dislikes etc.

Good luck! :D

KIMWY
16-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Hi,

I would complete usual contract and permission forms with parents whether its for 2 weeks or 2 months, then you are covered should anything go wrong. As its temporary you will probably have to drop the notice period to a week
Hope that helps

Kim

ruby
16-03-2008, 08:54 AM
i agree with Kim .

hope it all goes well this morning

cathy

miffy
16-03-2008, 09:18 AM
Good advice given already

I would definitely ask for payment weekly in advance

Miffy xx

katickles
16-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Ok - thanks for that. I did forget to say though, that this will be starting tomorrow!!!!

I havde my packs ready hich include copies of my permision forms etc. I do ask for payment weekly & in advance so that will cover me.

1 other thing i just thought of - as its new & only temp again, where do i stand Good Fri & Easter Monday? As bank holidays i do not usualy work unless pre-arranged (well i'm hoping to do this haha) But will still charge for these days if they are contracted days. What would you do in this case?
Hope i've explained that poperly!!

Banana
16-03-2008, 09:41 AM
i dont work bank holidays unless the parent specifically asks in which case its double time and on request that i work them. so i dont charge for bank hols unless by arrangement.

its up to you but if she's off and doesnt require it then i wouldnt charge.

good luck... will look forward to hearing how it goes

xx

angeldelight
16-03-2008, 10:07 AM
Good luck with this

I dont work bank holidays and dont get paid for them

Its up to you its your business

I would see how long she thinks it is going to be for and if it is longer than a month I would do a full contract and maybe have a 2 week notice if she needs to leave because nan is better?

That way like Kim said at least you are covered

Good luck let us know how it goes

Angel xx

miffy
16-03-2008, 10:18 AM
I don't work bank holidays but do charge for them if they normally fall on a contracted day

In yhis case because it is short term I probably wouldn't charge unless she says she needs you for months

It is up to you though so do what suits you best

Good luck

Miffy xx

LittleMissSparkles
16-03-2008, 10:25 AM
good luck this morning and hope it goes well I agree with Miffy ref bank holidays although I will work it by prior arrangement at double time ( only if we have no plans though ) xxx

Tily Bud
16-03-2008, 10:31 AM
looks like youve had some good advice , hope it goes well x

wendywu
16-03-2008, 11:14 AM
I would charge for the bank holidays if you are working either side of them. In the past twice i have had mindees come to me for 4 days and nan looks after them for one day. Both times in the end she got to old or poorly or could not manage or they had another baby and nan looking after two was out of the question. So this may pan out in your favour in the long run:thumbsup:

ma7ie
16-03-2008, 03:25 PM
I don't work bank holidays so don't charge for them.

good luck tomorrow. :D

charleyfarley
16-03-2008, 03:34 PM
That's great news for you, not so great the nan is poorly.

Good luck for tomorrow

Carol xx

tinkerbell_85
16-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Thats fantastic!!!

Good luck tomorrow, fingers crossed he settles easily.

x

katickles
16-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Thanks girlies - really can't wait. Got the double buggy out ready so fingers crossed it will be a nice day & we can go out for a lovely walk to the park.

Will definatly let you all know how i go on.

Thanks again :)

Rubybubbles
18-03-2008, 02:37 PM
how did you get on, or have I missed a post somewhere:rolleyes:

son77
18-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Have I read right that you havent bothered doing a contract just because its short term?

I would still do one to cover yourself.