PDA

View Full Version : AAArrrghhhh

caz3007
05-03-2010, 09:11 AM
I am starting with a new mindie in two weeks and our school is being rebuilt. I have just realised there is no way I am going to be able to access the school via my usual entrance whilst using my double buggy, the access is really narrow. I have spoken to the school and of course its not down to them (as usual) but have to put it in writing and hopefully something can be worked out. I can use another entrance, but dont see why I should as its going take me an extra 15 minutes each way.

My older picks ups could be fine, as I can wait right across the car park behind the gates (no traffic allowed in and out during pick up times) and they can come to me, but in the morning I take my Year 2 son and dont want him to have to go in by himself.

So feeling really fed up and can see I have a bloomin fight on my hands, whicH I dont need

Tinglesnark
05-03-2010, 12:37 PM
is there no other entrance that you could use regardless of rules?
i shuddered at the thought of someone telling you to send a 2 year old off on his own!

Mollymop
05-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Is it the entrance to the school itself (inside the building) or the playground?

bexcee
05-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Isn't there any other parents at the school with a double buggy? What do they do? The school surely have a responsibility with regard to access. Would a teacher/assistant meet you at the point you can't get through?

The Juggler
05-03-2010, 02:01 PM
surely for the duration of the work they can put someone on the gate in these circumstances. Is it the gate to the school you mean or the door into school?

all our children after reception are supposed to go into school on their own but you can see them go through the door. I would not be happy until I'd seen them go into the school building itself.

caz3007
05-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Its access to the car park, the school is on the other side of the car park. The gate for vehicles is locked for an hour at either end of the school day which is great, cos it used to be dangerous. The walking access at present is only wide enough for someone to walk one way, a hell of a time when trying to get your child and others are coming the other way.

Our school is on a huge campus with all the schools right through to 6 form on one campus, as you can imagine its huge. We can access via other entrances, but they are a long way from my home and will add at least a 20 min walk each way. The closest entrance is 10 mins walk.

There is a gate in place with access but until the car parking is finished this is locked. I managed to speak to the new headmaster at 3pm and handed him my letter and he is going to look into it for me and see what can be sorted.

I couldnt allow my year 2 son to go into school if I stood at the entrance to the car park, its too far and he would be out of sight. Something needs to be sorted