PDA

View Full Version : Dedication to the job, lol

amirose
04-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Mindee age 4 got dropped off this morning in tears.
Asked mum what was wrong and she said he wanted to dress up for book day but she didn't have anything and he was upset.
I said I have lots of dressing up stuff and asked if she would mind if I dressed him up :D
She was delighted (so was he) and so me and O raided the dressing up box and I found a penguin suit (actualy one of my dancing costumes from when I was a child). Perfect :clapping: Of course I then had to find a book to match it which caused me a pit of a panic :panic: but after raiding my very many books I found a book called called wild animals which said P is for penguin along with a picture - thought that will do :laughing:
Of course some what typically it had a few holes and needed a sewing repair job before he could wear it :rolleyes: but to see his face made it all worth while, he was thrilled :D

little_gems
04-03-2010, 08:40 PM
aww bless. Hope he had a good day

Twinkles
04-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Well done you. That is what makes the difference between a good minder and a great one :thumbsup:

TammyN
04-03-2010, 08:46 PM
i informed my mindee's parents that we were going the library to celebrate world book day, if possible could the children come dressed up as we will be dressed from previous experience i did get a few outfits ready as i didn't expect them to do it!.........guess what..........they all came dressed up :clapping: :clapping: i had a hungry caterpillar, a noddy, a peppa pig and my own ds as cat in the hat(he won a prize at school too):clapping: . i was a scarecrow so we walked to school and everyone commented on how well we all looked, had a fab session at the library and as a thankyou i bought each child a special book, im so proud i have some fab parents at the moment and it makes my position so much easier.
i'm a happy bunny tonight :jump for joy: Tammy

Pudding Girl
04-03-2010, 08:49 PM
I was asked last week to help make a costume for a mindee, as you'll guess I ended up making it all myself :rolleyes:

Jelly Baby
04-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Aww how sweet!! well done you x

bexcee
04-03-2010, 10:50 PM
i informed my mindee's parents that we were going the library to celebrate world book day, if possible could the children come dressed up as we will be dressed from previous experience i did get a few outfits ready as i didn't expect them to do it!.........guess what..........they all came dressed up :clapping: :clapping: i had a hungry caterpillar, a noddy, a peppa pig and my own ds as cat in the hat(he won a prize at school too):clapping: . i was a scarecrow so we walked to school and everyone commented on how well we all looked, had a fab session at the library and as a thankyou i bought each child a special book, im so proud i have some fab parents at the moment and it makes my position so much easier.
i'm a happy bunny tonight :jump for joy: Tammy

It's nice when things like that happen isn't it, makes it all worthwhile :clapping:

bexcee
04-03-2010, 10:51 PM
Mindee age 4 got dropped off this morning in tears.
Asked mum what was wrong and she said he wanted to dress up for book day but she didn't have anything and he was upset.
I said I have lots of dressing up stuff and asked if she would mind if I dressed him up :D
She was delighted (so was he) and so me and O raided the dressing up box and I found a penguin suit (actualy one of my dancing costumes from when I was a child). Perfect :clapping: Of course I then had to find a book to match it which caused me a pit of a panic :panic: but after raiding my very many books I found a book called called wild animals which said P is for penguin along with a picture - thought that will do :laughing:
Of course some what typically it had a few holes and needed a sewing repair job before he could wear it :rolleyes: but to see his face made it all worth while, he was thrilled :D

Well done you, that was lovely and I bet it made the lo's day. Did you take a photo to show the parents how to do it in the future?! :jump for joy:

The Juggler
05-03-2010, 07:59 AM
aw, don't you love a start to the day like that.

suzyblue
05-03-2010, 08:23 AM
I looked after 3 siblings (all at school) They were great kids and their dad had died of cancer during the time that we had them. We made Easter Bonnets for them and helped them make egg displays for the annual Easter display. Every year at least one of them would win a prize! It became our 'job' and it was great fun. I took them all on holiday too - great times......They are 16, 17 and 18 now and are still good friends with my children and Im in contact with their mum.