PDA

View Full Version : cheeky mum(s)

julie w
04-03-2010, 07:42 PM
My 3 year old mindee came out of school one day last week with her trousers and pants in a bag as she'd had an accident (pooey one). Anyway when mum came to get her from mine I gave her the bag and explained. She said 'I dont think so' which I thought was a joke. Later I found the bag with offending clothes in my wash basket in my bathroom. (downstairs bathroom they pass to go out) . Then today another little boy had an accident just as mum arrived. I gave her some spare trousers as she said she'd see to him before they left. Lo and behold, dirty pants and trousers in my wash basket. :eek: For once I'm lost for words!!

Minstrel
04-03-2010, 07:45 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I hope you gave them back! and told them you do not provide a laundry service!!

Ripeberry
04-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Sorry, I would bag them up again and give it to them. Where does it say in your policy that you will clean the mindee's clothes? They have a shock coming when they go to pre-school or school :mad:
Maybe, put your washbasket where they can't get to it?

Hebs
04-03-2010, 07:49 PM
wash them, dry them and bill them for the laundry service :thumbsup:
£20 maybe :laughing:

Lady Haha
04-03-2010, 07:58 PM
I am speechless!!! If a mindee here has an accident, I will give the clothes a rinse, but thats as far as my laundry service goes!

Can't believe the first parent left the bag in your bathroom after you had given it to her first!!

Bushpig
04-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Ugh!!! What a cheek!!! I wouldn't dream of doing mindees laundry for accidents. I have dried things a few times in the dryer but that's it. I think you need to chat to her asap. :panic:

Pudding Girl
04-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Leave them somewhere warm for a week then when really ripe, hand them back :D

Bushpig
04-03-2010, 08:08 PM
:thumbsup: :laughing:

Jen 10
04-03-2010, 08:09 PM
No way. Give them back or chuck them out. How rude!

Twinkles
04-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Flippin' cheek ! Please tell me you didn't actually wash them ?

Jen 10
04-03-2010, 08:10 PM
^^ yes wait a week then hand them back!

margimum
04-03-2010, 08:12 PM
If mindee has an accident at mine I usually just put clothes in to wash as I usually have a wash on the go!
At least then I know I will have spares for next time!!
I also use my own bibs for mindees who need them so I can use as many as I like without feeling guilty about making washing for mum!!

Gizmo
04-03-2010, 08:15 PM
That is shocking would she have said the same if she had picked the lo up from school, I can just see her handing the bag back to the teacher :laughing:

I have in written in my policies that any dirty clothing will be placed in a nappy bag and given to parents for washing :thumbsup:

karen m
04-03-2010, 08:17 PM
i have washed mindee clothes ,but only if am putting wash on just after accident otherwise there in a bag and handed to parent and can assure you if parent put them in my wash basket would never even rinse them again

cas2805
04-03-2010, 08:19 PM
I think I would have put them in the bin and if the parent asked about them, then say that you thought that's where they had meant to put them! How rude!

little_gems
04-03-2010, 08:34 PM
i cant believe the cheek of some people!! i would hand them the bag next time they come in.

Mrs Book
04-03-2010, 08:37 PM
The cheek of some people. I've washed some of mindees pants only because I was running out. We had had a bad day with wetting self. But normally they go in a plastic bag and handed to mom to take home.

Chimps Childminding
04-03-2010, 08:40 PM
i have washed mindee clothes ,but only if am putting wash on just after accident otherwise there in a bag and handed to parent and can assure you if parent put them in my wash basket would never even rinse them again

Same here!! Cheeky wotsit!!!:angry:

solly
04-03-2010, 09:08 PM
I always put wet/dirty clothes in a carrybag and hand them back to parents. I think your parents have a cheek to expect you to wash them

sillysausage
04-03-2010, 09:08 PM

here here!
Wet clothes get rinsed out and if by chance I have an appropriate load of washing waiting to go in then I will wash them through. Dirty clothes get double bagged and handed to parents.
Just think how much smellier they will be tomorrow when the parent gets given them again yuk!!

jelly15
04-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Wow some people have a nerve :eek: . I might have washed them if the accident had happen with me and I was in a particularly good mood but if it happened at school and they were already in a bag I would give them to mum.

In your situation I would hand them back the next time mindee is with me and ask her why did she leave them in my bathroom and not take them home.

haribo
04-03-2010, 09:48 PM
sorry but id have put them in the bin :angry:

Jelly Baby
04-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Like others have said..if a child had, had an accident with me and i had washing on the go i would have washed for them, have done before. But to do at school and then pass on for you is truly taking the mickey?! I would have given back saying politely that you do not wash mindees clothes..cheek of it.
Have you spoke to the parent yet?

Trouble
04-03-2010, 10:29 PM
I thought id heard everything but obviously i havent:eek: :eek: :eek:

i would put them in plastic bags and put them back in the childrens bags tomorrow or when they next come with a not that say "Laundry is beyond the call of a childminder, please accept them back as i think there yours":D :laughing:

oh and move your basket:thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
04-03-2010, 10:31 PM
please tell us that you didn't wash them.:panic: :panic: sorry but that is really just taking the mickey.

I love pudding girls advice - leave to mature for a week and give them back!
fair enough I have washed a mindees clothes at times when they have had an accident and the washer was on the go but well......:eek:

little chickee
05-03-2010, 09:47 AM
That absolutley has me speechless!!

i would hand them back still dirty saying you seem to have put these in my wash basket by mistake i have enough washing of my own to do without doing anyone elses. I hate dealing with poopy clothes and would throw out my kids pants rather than scrape and wash ( i wont put poopy clothes in with other clothes because it taints all the other clothes so would have to wash by hand) so i am not going to wash someone elses.

She would be given the choice of taking them home or putting in the bin.

To do this when the accident happened out with your care...........:eek:

Tatjana
05-03-2010, 10:33 AM
That is way out of order!!! I would give them back and ask "why have you left your childs soiled clothes here?"

SO rude!:eek:

xx

Mouse
05-03-2010, 10:41 AM
That absolutley has me speechless!!

I hate dealing with poopy clothes and would throw out my kids pants rather than scrape and wash ( i wont put poopy clothes in with other clothes because it taints all the other clothes so would have to wash by hand) so i am not going to wash someone elses.

I made that mistake once. I ususally just rinse out the clothes as best I can (or as best as I'm willing to!) and bag them up for the parents to take home. One time I had a wash to put on anyway, so rinsed out the clothes & put them in the wash.
The rest of the wash ended up stinking. It took another 3 washes to get the smell out!
I will still wash wet clothes if it's convenient, but not pooey ones.

If a parent had left the dirty clothes in my laundry basket I'd have left them outside & given them back next time - preferably in the morning so mum either had to take them to work or leave them in the car :laughing:

caz3007
05-03-2010, 10:43 AM
I woudl have to think of something sarcastic to say. I have washed wet stuff, but thats when I have had a load going in and its been my choice, made sure I didnt do it all the time. I used to have 2 little boys arrive in their PJ's and sometimes they PJ's would be washed and dried ready to go home, but always made it clear it was only if I had put a wash on.

Can remember giving some particular messy pants back at one time to same mum, and said either use gloves or throw and she certainly didnt put them in my washing basket.

MissTinkerbell
05-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Left me speechless too!!! Having actually been given them and then to leave them in your bathroom - what a cheek.

I really hope you didn't wash them - hand them back.

ziggy
05-03-2010, 11:11 AM
think i'd hand them back and say " you must have forgotten to take these"

Merry-Minder
05-03-2010, 11:15 AM
This is sooooo rude!!

What are these people thinking?!?!?!

I would go with pudding girls advise - leave them to ripen for a few days and then say " oh, I found these in my basket you must have left them there by mistake!"

I never clean a mindees clothes - imagine what environmental health would say if you swilled pooey pant in your sink:eek: - We all know their stance on even washing nappy hands in there!!!

They are bagged up up and given straight to parents to sort

Cammie Doodle
05-03-2010, 11:41 AM
I used to wash clothes after accidents, but not anymore as I worry about allegies (I would hate my soap powder/ fabric conditioner to cause any funny skin reactions) :( The soiled/ wet clothes are bagged up and given to Parents to take home :thumbsup:

Mollymop
05-03-2010, 12:47 PM
omg! I can't believe the nerve of mum no1! What does she think you are? Her personal assistant?!:eek:
I hope you gave her them back at the end of the day in the the same state.
I wonder if she would have behaved like this at the pre-school if she was the one collecting?!:mad: :rolleyes:

I would have gone mad if she had done that to me

bexcee
05-03-2010, 01:34 PM
How rude!! Can't believe the cheek of her putting them in your washing basket when you had already handed them to her.
I would have a few choice words for her next time she came :angry:
I agree with June, I don't wash any mindee's clothes because of the risk of them being allergic to my washing powder. If they have an accident the clothes and double bagged and either handed to mum when they collect or put into their bag if they bring one and mum is told.

miffy
05-03-2010, 04:26 PM
That is gross and so flippin rude.

I would be giving them straight back!

Miffy xx

maryp0ppins
05-03-2010, 05:38 PM

:laughing: :laughing:

Brilliant.

I had a funny smell coming from my bathroom one evening, thought my loo was blocked....then the next day i emptied my bathroom bin out side & a pair of runny POO filled pants fell into my bin. I nearly puked.
They were buried under toilet tissue. They were PINK so i know it was one of the girl mindee's. I let all the parents know & asked if there child came home with no pants but to this day none of them owned up.:(

Wendy Woo
05-03-2010, 05:42 PM
That is so wrong i can tbelive it!!!!!!

I would have binned them i recon HOW RUDE

:angry:

merry
05-03-2010, 06:01 PM
I'd be tempted to bin them, then deny all knowledge :) some people have no idea of what's appropriate!

:)

Lick'le Oakes
05-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Last year i had to have my washing machine mended after only having it about 20 days. The guy commented on the children i have and i joked they are not all mine, i'm a childminder. He put his tools down and said he wouldn't mend it if it was used for buisiness use. I had to convince him i don't do any of the children's washing just my own.

ChocolateChip
05-03-2010, 06:32 PM
What a cheeky mare, how dare she put them in your laundry basket like that :mad:
I would either be handing them back the next day, or binning them- I used to throw out my own kids if it was more than a mark so I certainly wouldn't be scraping, rinsing and washing anybody else's :eek:

Ripeberry
05-03-2010, 08:13 PM
I pick up one mindee from pre-school and one day, there was a bag of wet (wee) clothes on her peg. She said they were hers, so took them home and at the end of the day, gave them to the parent and she goes "Those are not mine", but she was lovely and said she would wash them and give them back to the pre-school :o

auntym
05-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Next time the mums child gets ur pants dirty with finger prints etc, give them mum in a plastic bag to wash for you!!! lol - thats so cheeky, if mindees soil their clothes at mine - i do my best to wash, but if its at the end of the day and they have an accident, i pop them in a bag for the parent, unless i fancy keeping them as a spare - in that case i keep them and wash them anyway.
But for a parent to put them in your basket is RUDE.
Id give them her back, im assuming youve washed them or they will be very smelly in your house by now ;) and if theres a next time just give them her and if she says no again, explain that it didnt happen in your care so your not washing them.