PDA

View Full Version : Twin buggy recommendations

vix84
04-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Hiya, I have someone coming on Saturday who has a 4 month old baby, full-time :clapping:
I also have de 20 months and also mindee just over 2 years who will walk.

I am looking for a Phil and Teds sort, or a mimic one, can anyone suggest any mimic ones?

I am happy to pay for it new, as we are expecting our 2nd baby in November if all goes to plan, so will use it for a newborn and ds then......

I do have a side by side McLaran but thought a Phil n Teds style will be great for narrow doorways and ds can usually walk but jump in if tired etc.

The only thing is that I want to be able to use the top seat for the baby too if DS is walking, so baby can see out etc. Would also be great if both seats recline - does this exist?!!

crazyhazy
04-03-2010, 09:10 PM
I have a phil and teds for my two girls, there's 22m between them and they're now 17m and 3yrs and it's been the best thing I've bought! With a tiny baby, say under 6 months you have them in the main seat, fully reclined and the older child goes on the toddler seat on top (we done this the other day when my youngest was sleeping and it still worked although her feet were poking out!). Then once baby is a bit older, the toddler seat goes on the back, it's supposed to be the heaviest child in the main seat so stop it tipping but more often than not I have my littly in the main seat and the older one walks and hops in the back when she's tired. Never had any problems with it tipping so far. I think britax have recently brought out their own version so might be worth looking at that too.

bexcee
04-03-2010, 10:55 PM
Personally I've never like the p&t although I know they are very popular. I just feel sorry for the lo at the bottom not being able to see anything!

I used a graco stadium tandem (one in front one behind) easy to get through doorways and on footpaths, longer than a single obviously but no problem.

PixiePetal
05-03-2010, 07:26 AM
I love my Jane twin two. Bulky but comfy for kids. I have just bought a P&T Classic as I now need to use the bus more, not really keen on one being down low but it is practical for me - bit slimmer on the bus :rolleyes:

Got a Maclaren too but letting it go!

crazyhazy
05-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Personally I've never like the p&t although I know they are very popular. I just feel sorry for the lo at the bottom not being able to see anything!

I used a graco stadium tandem (one in front one behind) easy to get through doorways and on footpaths, longer than a single obviously but no problem.

Just to point out that as a tiny baby when she was in the bottom my little girl slept nearly everytime we went out and if she was awake, when she looked up she could see me. I worried a bit before we tried it out but realised I could see her perfectly while walking and she me. As for when it's in toddlers mode, the child in the back seat can see as much as they can in any other tandem pushchair. And having pushed my friends graco tandem, I'll have my p&t over it any day, it's almost impossible to get it up kerbs with two children in it.

AliceK
05-03-2010, 10:05 AM
The Phil & Teds is great, so easy to manouvre and easy to go up and down kerbs. My 2 (28mths and 21 mths ) both love to go in the back seat so I have to take it in turns so they both get a go. They will also climb into it during the day when we are at home so they obviously like being in the back so no problems there :)
Would highly recommend it.

xxxxx

solly
05-03-2010, 10:15 AM
I love my phil & teds:)

MissTinkerbell
05-03-2010, 10:43 AM
I love my P&T but have been looking at alternatives:

Britax B-Dual - not many reviews as its new out. V expensive and similar to P&T but back seat is suitable from birth and unlike P&T has a hood on and you can access the shopping basket from the side - I always hated having to reach over my DS in the back to get stuff in and out. However max weight is 15kg and age recommendation 0-3; as opposed to 5 with the P&T. Retails at around £500

Mamas and Paps T2- looks nice and similar style to the Britax but retails at £600!!! Also same weight, age recommendations as Britax.

P&T Vibe - looks great pushchair but very mixed reviews with people saying that by the time child is 2, they are too tall for pushchair with hood up and straps are difficult to fasten. However others had said its fantastic.

Finally the I-Candy - extremely expensive and I think personally that the back seat, whilst a bit higher up is too close to the front seat.

So once again I'll be having another P&T Sport Double.

vix84
06-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Thanks for all the info - I have seen the Britax one and really like that one especially as its a proper seat for both instead of having to use a toddler seat like the p&t's

Will still have a look at the others before making up my mind though :)