PDA

View Full Version : Observations Help PLease!

bexcee
04-03-2010, 06:47 PM
I am trying to catch up with my observations, I am so behind

I have the observations sheet to use and loads of photos of the lo but what do I write other than name, age, date etc. Would anyone be able to show me an example of an observation that they have done?

Thanks in advance

Rebecca

sarah707
04-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Write exactly what happened... what the child did or said.

The best observations describe a moment in time that was special :D

jumpinjen
04-03-2010, 10:06 PM
I paint a picture in words, such as what the child did, what thay said, what i did and said, what happened next. it is quite deatiled like, X picked up the brick in his left hand and turned it over a few times, before looking up at me and saying (blah), he chose another yellow brick and tried to put the two together but seemed to get frustrated and pushed them towards me. I showed him how to line the brick sup daying "look, this goes here", moving slowly and clicked the bricks together. I took them aprat and offered them to X, he took them from me and with some help fitted them together. he laughed and clapped, smiling up at me, then took a red brick and another and tried to fit them togtehr again. i would say how many tried it took him, why this was significant, etc

link to Eyfs also eg.... desigining and making (CD), exploring shape and space (PSRN) dispositions nad attitudes as he ahd anotehr go (PSED), matching colours etc

I write comments or new developments on it too, and then next steps that i think might suit the child.

Jelly Baby
04-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Hi i do the same as jumpinjen for mine..but equally i also do the simple photo with caption ones too of things they have done or places we have visited.

bexcee
04-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the help, I have loads of short obs, photo with caption, linked to area of eyfs and next steps but no detailed ones so will sort that out asap :)