PDA

View Full Version : do you work on your own or with others?

newandlearning
04-03-2010, 06:32 PM
So many of the childminders I know work with other cms or assistants these days.. and on the odd occasion I have some one here I really love the extra energy that person can add to a place.

I was wondering how many cms out there work on there own and how many work with assistants/other cms.

If you work on your own do you...
- go out each day?
- structure your day?
- successful stay motivated? feel focused?

I'd love to hear from you...xx

bexcee
04-03-2010, 06:55 PM
I work with another cm two days a week, we plan our themes together and then organise activities that we all do together.

It is so much more fun working with another cm for all of us, the adults get the support, adult company, help with planning, extra pair of hands etc and the children get more play mates.

Even if we just get together for a coffee it makes it easier.

Jelly Baby
04-03-2010, 11:10 PM
I used to work with another CM but she gave up:( ..i still miss her and we became really good frineds from it..i still see her now out of work but i'm now on my own most of the time.
We used to do everything together every day and never seem to tire of each other which was nice..actually dh thought i was having an affair lol!!

Last week this spurred me to ring another CM and we are meeting on wednesday for a coffee which will be nice and hope it works out that we see each other more. I was saying to dh that she said she was glad i called as doesnt see anyone which i thought was a shame that we sit on our own when we could be giving ourselves and the children a more fun day. We will see!

angeldelight
05-03-2010, 08:23 AM
My daughter worked for me for years and it was great and did help a lot

Wish I had her here now when screamer is screaming :laughing:

I work alone now though and do also enjoy it

Are you thinking of working with someone else ?

Angel xx

Cammie Doodle
05-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Myself and another CM work together on a Tuesday's (my house) Wednesday's (her house ) and Thursdays (my house) Monday's I don't work and Fridays she does not work , so we work alone on these days. We do all the planning together, it works reall well for us and I think the children really benefit from it too:thumbsup: Plus it can be a lonely life when you are on your own especially if you live out in the middle of nowhere . Not sure I would enjoy my job quite as much as I do without her help and support

ruby
05-03-2010, 09:46 AM
i work with my daughter also .it nice to have some adult company

i think it is much nice to have someone to bounce ideas off , plan things and general be around.

Cathy

solly
05-03-2010, 09:50 AM
I work alone, but do sometimes go to another cm's so the kids can play and vice versa, maybe its something i will think about in the future as sometimes i do find this job lonely

little chickee
05-03-2010, 09:57 AM
I work on my own and wouldnt do it any other way. I dont go out every day it depends on who i have and the weather etc.

I do find that i can get a bit lonely but i am friends with another cm (Curly Quavers) who i see at toddlers and we try to meet up with our mindees when we can which really helps.

Tatjana
05-03-2010, 10:26 AM
I work on my own and am happy with this. I did have another cm friend, we met at the initial meeting to become childminders and were going to work together but it was her that always needed my help with everything and I wasn't getting anything from her other than stress...no longer in touch and I'm happy about that!

Now have another cm in my road that has decided it would be great to work together, only the history is repeating itself...i'm sure she only introduced herself as need help with her upcoming inspection and wants to have my mindees when i go on maternity leave...seeing how she works I would never recommend her, for example she won't let the little ones feed themselves as they make too much mess for her to clean up?!:eek:

xx

Carol M
05-03-2010, 01:55 PM
I work with another minder on a regular basis.
We support each other in all aspects!
It is motivating and most enjoyable for me and my mindees
So Helen if you are reading this I hope you will confirm it!
Carol:)

loocyloo
05-03-2010, 05:42 PM
i work on my own, but have an asisstant for after school one day a week. i meet up with other minders or friends throughout the week, go to toddlers or other groups, but i like being able to do my own thing, change my mind about what we are doing etc without it affecting anyone else!

Curly Quavers
07-03-2010, 03:31 PM
I work on my own and wouldnt do it any other way. I dont go out every day it depends on who i have and the weather etc.

I do find that i can get a bit lonely but i am friends with another cm (Curly Quavers) who i see at toddlers and we try to meet up with our mindees when we can which really helps.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: that's me :D

karen m
07-03-2010, 03:40 PM
I work on my own and prefer it that way ,meet other cm at various groups,but like other post said if i feel like doing something differant than what i had planned only me to worry about

markys
08-03-2010, 10:34 AM
I work with my sister and love it. It's great. We plan activities together, take the kids out together, ... esp. day trips are great.
Also, it's much easier to deal with parents when problems arise as we can support each other if necessary.