PDA

View Full Version : Not sure on something...

MissTinkerbell
04-03-2010, 04:29 PM
I know that when I'm minding that DD1 cannot have her friends round to play because it would put me over my numbers. However where do I stand on this one:

We live down a dead end road with 12 houses down here, us being the end one. About 3 of DD1's school friends live down here too. After school they all like to play outside and often congregate on my front lawn as we are the end house and there is also a lovely big stretch of grass down the side of my house, where they can kick a ball about and play in the trees nearby. Obviously we all keep a general eye out when they are playing out there but I am not actually supervising them.

My front garden is not fenced off and leads onto the stretch of grass down by the side and this is separated from our back garden by a 6" fence.

So how do I stand with my own daughter and 3 of her friends (all under 8) often joined by older and younger siblings playing outside my house? I'm not sure if its part of our property or not as we are in married quarters. Any ideas?

Pipsqueak
04-03-2010, 04:34 PM
if your daughters friends are just over playing as kids do and you are not responsible for them - ie parents have just let them out to play then in my eyes you are not over your numbers as you have no responsibility for them - they just happen to be playing on your (unfenced) front lawn. I think its probably a bit of a grey area.

miffy
04-03-2010, 04:45 PM
I'd agree with Pip.

As long as the mindees don't go and join in with them I think you'd be OK

Miffy xx

TheBTeam
04-03-2010, 05:01 PM
I think you are okay too, the parents have not handed over specific responsibility to you for their children as they would if you had offered to have them/invited them over to play with your dd, they are free to move off and not under your supervision, just happen to be hanging around near your house!

~Chelle~
04-03-2010, 05:09 PM
I think you would be ok as technically they are not in your house and you are not looking after them :thumbsup:

MissTinkerbell
04-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Thats what I thought because I haven't actually invited them they just tend to end up down this end and on my lawn!