PDA

View Full Version : LIVID!!

Hebs
04-03-2010, 04:28 PM
had a phone call just now from the ey team about a complaint thats been made against me!

someone has complained about the photos on facebook, i told her i had permission from the parents which she seemed shocked at :rolleyes:

shes coming out tomorrow to see me about it :panic:

am i going to be in big trouble even thoough i said i can get my parents to wrote a letter saying they are fine with them being on fb??

Pipsqueak
04-03-2010, 04:32 PM
I can't see that you can get into bother providing you have the permissions from the parents and that they are fully aware of where the pix are.

I know the general view nowadays is that social networking sites are a big no no for childcare workers and that you should not put childrens pictures on or discuss anything to do with work on it.

People have been sacked from (nursery) jobs because they are friends with parents, have put their status as 'I hate my job/what a horrid day/horrid kids' etc.

Guidance says that 'professional codes of conduct' should be observed.

Blaze
04-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Sorry - but I don't know TBH - I'd go with what pip says!:thumbsup:

...Would be interested to know what is said when she visits you though!

Mollymop
04-03-2010, 04:40 PM
hope it goes ok

miffy
04-03-2010, 04:42 PM
Am I missing something - what has it got to do with the ey team?

I presume that's where the complaint was made to but you are not answerable to them - you've explained you have parent's permission so why are they coming to see you?

Miffy xx

ORKSIE
04-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Hope it goes ok xx

Noodles
04-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Sorry i cant help you either but didnt want to read and run.

Personally i would never put photos of mindees on any social networking site or indeed talk about my job or mindees but as i said that is just my preference and everyone is different.

Dont get yourself too worried just explain that you have all the parents written permission to do this so you didnt realise you were doing any
thing wrong:) :)

jumpinjen
04-03-2010, 04:46 PM
My friend had a complaint made to Ey about her, and they came out to see her, and gather 'evidence' in order that they could 'decide' whether or not to pass the complaint to Ofsted or not.... she thinks that it is other early years providers (nurseries/minders etc) that report to EY cos parents wouldn't know to do that, they would go to Ofsted..... it's not nice, i would definately get letters of agreement from parents to back you up.

Jenni

barbarella68
04-03-2010, 04:46 PM
This world has gone completely mad.Not allowed to do this,not allowed to do that,next we won't be allowed to breath unless we have permission.
I was going to say don't worry about it Hebs you have permission from the parents,but apparently parents have no rights nowadays.:(
We are supposed to remain proffessional but the children are meant to be an extention of your family,contradiction in it's self.

Mouse
04-03-2010, 04:48 PM
I know we all have different views on this & personally I don't think it's good practice to put photos of mindees on FB, but I don't think there's anything EY can do about it other than advice you what the implications are. It really isn't their business as you're not breaking any rules if you have parental permission & if parents are made fully aware of how far the photos could go (ie. friends of friends of friends etc!)

Don't forget to ask what rules apply when members of the EY team take photos of mindees at events then publish the pictures without having sought anyone's permission :rolleyes:

Hebs
04-03-2010, 04:49 PM
both parents are writing letters for me to back me up, so no worries there :D

i also thought it was weird that it was the EY team who rang cos a parent would contact ofsted :rolleyes:

wendywu
04-03-2010, 04:51 PM
I did post on this topic before that some one on here got a complaint about her putting photos on FB. Also for discussing mindee with that childs parent :eek:

But i cannot remember who it was :panic:

Pipsqueak
04-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Who has complained about it? Its got to be someone who is on your FB friends.

Was just looking at a document we were given at uni the other day as we were discussing exactly this:

Guidance for Safer working Practice for Adults who Work with Children and young people (dcsf) updated jan 09:

(the guidance says page 26 part 27) adults should not display or distribute images of children unless they have the consent to do so from parents/carers
. informed written consent obtained from parents/carers and where possible from the child. Careful consideration should be taken to ensure all parties understnad the implications of the image being taken especially if it si to be used for publicity/media or on the internet.
page 14 part 7 - All adults workign with children have a responsibility to maintain public confidence in their ability to safeguard the welfare and best interests of the child. It is therefore expected that they will adopt high standards of personal conduct in order to maintain the confidence and respect of the public in general and all those with whom they work.

so to me - if you can prove that you have taken into account the above - you have the relevant permissions and the step you have taken to safeguard the welfare of the children when displaying these pix then I can't see what trouble you can get into. At least you can quote the documentation to them!!!:D and what you do to apply it!

miffy
04-03-2010, 04:54 PM
This world has gone completely mad.Not allowed to do this,not allowed to do that,next we won't be allowed to breath unless we have permission.

Or at least a policy :D

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=18417&highlight=breathing+policy

Miffy xx

ORKSIE
04-03-2010, 04:54 PM

Thats what I was thinking. x

Hebs
04-03-2010, 04:57 PM

Was just looking at a document we were given at uni the other day as we were discussing exactly this:

Guidance for Safer working Practice for Adults who Work with Children and young people (dcsf) updated jan 09:

(the guidance says page 26 part 27) adults should not display or distribute images of children unless they have the consent to do so from parents/carers
. informed written consent obtained from parents/carers and where possible from the child. Careful consideration should be taken to ensure all parties understnad the implications of the image being taken especially if it si to be used for publicity/media or on the internet.
page 14 part 7 - All adults workign with children have a responsibility to maintain public confidence in their ability to safeguard the welfare and best interests of the child. It is therefore expected that they will adopt high standards of personal conduct in order to maintain the confidence and respect of the public in general and all those with whom they work.

so to me - if you can prove that you have taken into account the above - you have the relevant permissions and the step you have taken to safeguard the welfare of the children when displaying these pix then I can't see what trouble you can get into.

thanks for that Pip will print it out ready to show her tomorrow :panic:

i have both parents on FB and they are tagged in the photos, they are going mad that someone is implying that they cant make an informed choice regarding their kids :p

she did seems shocked when i said that i have permission, that both mums are on my fb friends list, parents are tagged, and THEY WANT THEM UP, she went oh.....

i'm thinking it could be C's mum, to get back at me for something i cant post in minding chat :blush:

but as soon as a mindee leaves even if i have had permission to post the pics, the photos are removed :thumbsup:

Bushpig
04-03-2010, 05:00 PM
I can't see that you can get into bother providing you have the permissions from the parents and that they are fully aware of where the pix are.

I know the general view nowadays is that social networking sites are a big no no for childcare workers and that you should not put childrens pictures on or discuss anything to do with work on it.

People have been sacked from (nursery) jobs because they are friends with parents, have put their status as 'I hate my job/what a horrid day/horrid kids' etc.

Guidance says that 'professional codes of conduct' should be observed.

I agree :thumbsup:

~Chelle~
04-03-2010, 05:04 PM
i'm thinking it could be C's mum, to get back at me for something i cant post in minding chat :blush:

This was my first thought when you said someone had complained!

It has to be someone either on your friends list or previous friends who would know what you have on your facebook account.

Mine is set to private and I have permission from mum and dad to say that I can add photos of their son on their and tag them in photos so that they get to see what he does here throughout the day.

I am sure you will be fine, especially seeing as you have permission from both sets of parents.

Seems like someone has left things for a bit then made a complaint so that you dont think that it is them!!!

Hebs
04-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Seems like someone has left things for a bit then made a complaint so that you dont think that it is them!!!

yeah my immediate thought was C's mam :mad:
but i took her pics off the childminding album anyway the day they left :thumbsup:

i KNOW i haven't done anything wrong, i have permission to post the pics are the mums sit and look through them with the mindees help jog their memories about what they've been doing that day and they get a full report from the kids instead of... id ont know i cant remember :laughing:

i do everything by the book EVERYTHING so :p to them :laughing:

~Chelle~
04-03-2010, 05:12 PM
i do everything by the book EVERYTHING so :p to them :laughing:

:p :p :p to them :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

x

zillervalley
04-03-2010, 05:15 PM
Hi Hebs

I agree it must be some-one you know who has put the complaint in, glad you have back up from parents, and i hope all goes well

ziller

LOOPYLISA
04-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Good luck :thumbsup:

jelly15
04-03-2010, 06:36 PM
I believe you have done everything correctly and there is nothing for them to find fault with. Remember what goes around comes around, I believe in karma.

I do think what with the way the world is today I would not put photos of children online.

I was told a story recently, don't know if it is true, but a cub scout troop posted a pic on their website with all the boys tagged. Some weirdo went to a large meeting of several groups and managed to find a boy from the photo and because he had been tagged was able to call him by name. Sadly the boy assumed this man was OK as he seemed to know him and was lured away and assualted:( .

LisaH
04-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Unbelieveable:mad: Hope everything goes ok tomorrow, I'm sure it will, you are doing everything by the book!!

Hebs
04-03-2010, 07:03 PM
one mum has given me a lovely letter :clapping:

other mum is going to be here :D to back me up

little_gems
04-03-2010, 07:58 PM
hope everything goes well tomorrow

Jelly Baby
04-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Good luck sounds ridiculas to me. I asked about this not so long ago and the whole FB thing..it was for advertising my website which would have the kids pics on but have decided against it. I have my site on but no kids at all.

Cazz
04-03-2010, 11:59 PM
Good luck - hope everything goes okay for you.

Isn't it sad that some people have such dull lives that they just want to cause trouble for others.

Let us know how you get on - I'll be thinking of you.

Hebs
05-03-2010, 05:34 AM
Will update asap x

mushpea
05-03-2010, 06:56 AM
Whateever next! how is putting them on face book any different to puttng them on your own website for all to see? its a world gone mad:rolleyes:
good luck with the EY team

angeldelight
05-03-2010, 07:01 AM
both parents are writing letters for me to back me up, so no worries there :D

i also thought it was weird that it was the EY team who rang cos a parent would contact ofsted :rolleyes:

Have you not got letters / permission forms already giving permission for this - if the parents are aware and happy about it?

That would look much better if they were dated a while ago rather than a recent date I think

Hope everything goes ok good luck

Angel xxx

Hebs
05-03-2010, 07:13 AM
Yes I have sarah as it is in with my permission to take and use photos for observations, my website and my facebook group....but I said id get letters too which she was happy with x

angeldelight
05-03-2010, 07:18 AM
Yes I have sarah as it is in with my permission to take and use photos for observations, my website and my facebook group....but I said id get letters too which she was happy with x

SARAH ????? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xxxx

Hebs
05-03-2010, 07:24 AM
Sorry angel, still half asleep in bed!

The Juggler
05-03-2010, 07:30 AM
Am I missing something - what has it got to do with the ey team?

I presume that's where the complaint was made to but you are not answerable to them - you've explained you have parent's permission so why are they coming to see you?

Miffy xx

maybe better them than Ofsted being involved though?

angeldelight
05-03-2010, 07:31 AM
Sorry angel, still half asleep in bed!

Made me laugh anyway

I know the feeling I am half asleep and out of bed :laughing:

Have a good day

xxxx

Daftbat
05-03-2010, 07:35 AM
I have just read Angels thread about Facebook warning of joining groups and it reafirms my own belief that i would never post anything about my mindees or even my own children on there.

I don't understand why anything to do with work, and pictures especially would have any place on there. I would never give anyone authority to place a picture of my own daughters on there. I have authority for taking photos from the parents i work for but specifically ONLY to use personally or for observations.

angeldelight
05-03-2010, 07:39 AM
Maybe it might be a good time to review the situation Hebs and not put pics on facebook of the children any more

I know it should be ok but you know what facebook can be like and it seems to have got worse in the last few years

I am not saying you are doing anything wrong - its the sad sick people in this world that we live in that are wrong

That way though you dont put yourself at risk for complaints etc

Angel xxx

Blackhorse
05-03-2010, 07:43 AM
I would never put pics of other people's kids on facebook.
personally I dont think it is right

as for the permission...I think there have been discussions in our cm groups and training sessions where people had permissions but they didnt mean anything...I.e getting a permission for more than 1 child on a trampoline...that wouldnt go through if something happened as it went against manufacturers guidlines.
same if you get permission to smack a child. parent might be happy with it but we are still not allowed....(not that I would do that..it is just an example)
So I am always a bit weary about permissions......especially if something happens...

hope though with the parents support that luckily you still have they wont be able to succeed with their complaint.

The Juggler
05-03-2010, 07:58 AM
good luck today Hebs. As someone suggested, def. ask them about their permission to use pics of our mindees at events we attend. They don't even get permission for this. Love to hear their response to that one!

DCMS
05-03-2010, 08:39 AM
Just caught up on this thread and wish you luck for today Hebs x

Hebs
05-03-2010, 08:48 AM
So is that right I'm not answerable to them so I can tell her I don't need to justify myself to her?

Cos to be perfectly honest I'm just a tad annoyed that since I applied to register I have had no help or support from them what so ever, all my advice has come from you guys on here!!

Bitsy Beans
05-03-2010, 08:53 AM
Hebs hope it all goes well today.

As for putting pics on FB - each to their own but personally FB is for my private life and I like to keep work separate ;)

Hebs
05-03-2010, 08:54 AM
I have changed the setting set on that ablum so just the parents can see it

As far as I'm concerened I've done nothing wrong as parents asked for me to post the pics so they can show family where the kids go etc, and I have that in writing

caz3007
05-03-2010, 09:20 AM
I have changed the setting set on that ablum so just the parents can see it

As far as I'm concerened I've done nothing wrong as parents asked for me to post the pics so they can show family where the kids go etc, and I have that in writing

changing the setting is probably a good idea and at least when you get your visit you can tell them that you have done this. Good luck

solly
05-03-2010, 09:47 AM
Hope all goes well today, you have done nothing wrong if you have the parents permission which you have:)

EllaBella
05-03-2010, 10:07 AM
hope all goes ok today,i know only too well there are some nasty people out there sadly :(

Hebs
05-03-2010, 12:20 PM
it was C's mam, she reported me to the police :eek:

they then contacted SS who contacted the EY's team to investigate, she however forgot to mention we are related :rolleyes:

have to wait and see if Ofsted are going to investigate :angry:

Pipsqueak
05-03-2010, 12:25 PM

they then contacted SS who contacted the EY's team to investigate, she however forgot to mention we are related :rolleyes:

so what did the EY team have to say though - have they 'advised' you?

as to OFsted - again - nothing they can do you have permissions and have no put extra security in place re access.

its all too easy for people to attack us and bring the weight of EY or Ofsted down on us and we have to endure that additional stress. thats why I am so careful as to my conduct all the time.

Blaze
05-03-2010, 12:32 PM
Nothing to add, butdon't forget to log ti in your complaints book.

Mouse
05-03-2010, 12:40 PM

Blimey, she's determined to cause trouble, isn't she?

Have you contacted Ofsted yourself about it? I just wonder whether you have to contact then as there has been an allegation against you, or whether it would be worth contacting them incase she complains to them as well.

LisaMcNally09
05-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Blimey, she's determined to cause trouble, isn't she?

Have you contacted Ofsted yourself about it? I just wonder whether you have to contact then as there has been an allegation against you, or whether it would be worth contacting them incase she complains to them as well.

I was just going to say that!! I would approach ofsted first and get there take on it.

DOes anyone know what ofsteds position is with regards to facebook? I know there is standard photo permission but wondered if they had a different view on facebook??

~Chelle~
05-03-2010, 12:46 PM

I knew it!

What exactly did she go to the police for??

The woman is mad, what a can of worms!!

What did the EY's team say they are going to do?

xx

Chatterbox Childcare
05-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Hope you have blocked her completely. Personally still don't see why the EY team are involved.

have you beat C to Ofsted and informed them yourself?

Sleep well tonight

Hebs
05-03-2010, 12:50 PM
will find out later today what they gonna do, i rang ofsted in jan to tell them that i was expecting a complaint :thumbsup:

Carol M
05-03-2010, 12:53 PM
This sounds horrible, poor you!
I have heard so many iffy stories about facebook I intend to stay well away.
Good luck Hebs
Carol x

Hebs
05-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Hope you have blocked her completely. Personally still don't see why the EY team are involved.

have you beat C to Ofsted and informed them yourself?

Sleep well tonight

blocked her in jan :thumbsup: she claimed she didn't know or agree to having photos on facebook :laughing: well she's shot herself in the foot there cos she's commented on loads of the pics :laughing:

~Chelle~
05-03-2010, 01:20 PM
blocked her in jan :thumbsup: she claimed she didn't know or agree to having photos on facebook :laughing: well she's shot herself in the foot there cos she's commented on loads of the pics :laughing:

I know, saw that on lots of occasions, she is just being petty. Feel sorry for your ds, does he see C anymore? x

MissTinkerbell
05-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Been watching this thread and I hope all works out OK for you. Whilst I personally wouldn't put pictures of mindees on FB and don't think you should, everyone has their own opinion and as long as you have written parents permission and you've taken all the necessary security measures then it should be nothing to do with anyone else.

Good luck in getting it sorted ..... such a shame that their are some vindictive people out there. xx

Hebs
05-03-2010, 01:37 PM
rang the ey team and told them about her comments on the photos :laughing:
they told me to screen shot them which i have as evidence :D

Lady Haha
05-03-2010, 01:55 PM

I don't know the background to this mum, but obv there is one! She sounds like twisted nasty piece of work and I would love to see her face when she says she wasn't aware of the pictures on FB and is then confronted with your screenshots!!!

Funny thing is, if she had complained to Ofsted directly, you would never have known for sure that it was her! Don't the same confidentiality rules apply when you complain to the police? Still at least you know who it was as that would be so much more stressful if you didn't!

Blackhorse
05-03-2010, 02:01 PM
rang the ey team and told them about her comments on the photos :laughing:
they told me to screen shot them which i have as evidence :D

that is a good idea...at least that will show them that she was aware and contributed.
Although she sounds nasty she doesnt sound to be the brightest of stars in the sky...(hope it is ok to say that).
If you collect all your evidence I dont think there is anything she can do.

did you ring ofsted to inform them that you had what you think is a malicious complaint made against you. In a course they told us that sometimes it is better to speak to the authorities yourself straight away as that shows them you are aware and are happy to share all your evidence and documentation. That also means you can put your side of the story over to them first and they are pre-warned that the complaint might be made as a result of a termination or another dispute.

It is a shame that you have to go through all this hassle :angry:

Hebs
05-03-2010, 02:31 PM
They didn't tell me who it was just what police force it was (different areas) made it obvious!

Hebs
05-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Just been on phone to ofsted, they not interested as they are family, and as I can prove that some of the photos date back to 2008 and long before I registered and she has commented on them so was obviously happy about it at the time.

She said id get a follow up call I told her I'm more than happy for someone to come and see me if they wish!

wendywu
05-03-2010, 03:44 PM
Poor little C having to grow up with a mother full of bitter hatred.:(

Good news Hebs:thumbsup:

ORKSIE
05-03-2010, 03:49 PM
What a shame that someone can turn on you like that:(

Glad its ok now:thumbsup:

Hebs
05-03-2010, 03:58 PM
Had EY dept on phone to say they arnt taking any further action, didn't seem impressed when I told her id rang ofsted myself haha x

Blackhorse
05-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Had EY dept on phone to say they arnt taking any further action, didn't seem impressed when I told her id rang ofsted myself haha x

well done Hebs!
Hope that is over now...you hopefully will be able to enjoy your weekend now!

Pipsqueak
05-03-2010, 04:44 PM

At least you can rest easy this weekend now. Well done for being so pro-active:thumbsup:

loocyloo
05-03-2010, 05:34 PM
i am so glad that is over for you, just sat and read the whole thread.

enjoy the weekend

xxx

The Juggler
05-03-2010, 08:15 PM
really glad it's sorted hon, you don't have to worry about it all weekend now.

Blackhorse
05-03-2010, 08:30 PM
I just had another thought...

if the authorities see that she made a malicious complaint against you they probably wont take her serious in future either...
so maybe at least you are save from future problems with her...me hopes

Hebs
05-03-2010, 08:40 PM
I just had another thought...

if the authorities see that she made a malicious complaint against you they probably wont take her serious in future either...
so maybe at least you are save from future problems with her...me hopes

thats what Ofsted said, as they now have all of her details if she rings and makes any direct complaints they will be prepared, The ofsted lady said once she realises that her call to the police didnt have the desired effect she'll probably contct them direct and they will be ready :D

If she did make any more complaints i'd seek legal advice :thumbsup:

Cazz
05-03-2010, 09:42 PM
I'm glad it's all okay and they're not taking any further action.

What a very sad woman - poor child having to grow up with her as a mother.

Daftbat
06-03-2010, 09:22 AM
I am glad that you seem to have sorted this mess out - the woman making the complaint seems to have a real problem. I would def get sa solicitor involved if anything more happens - i did it once in the past and it did make them see that i was not prepared to put up with nonsense.

teacake2
06-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Glad things are better for you, there are quite a few of us aren't there who have been subjected to actions likes this, it makes you angry but also upset that someone could be so horrible and you begin to have doubts creeping in about your own ability sometimes.:clapping: :clapping:
Teacake2

Hebs
06-03-2010, 04:11 PM
i know no matter what that i am better than her and she will not bring me down :thumbsup: