PDA

View Full Version : Not worth the trouble?

snufflepuff
04-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Ive just had someone enquire about minding her sons, aged 10 and 5, 3 or 4 days a week. It would be school drop off and pick up- 2 different schools about 10 minutes walk between them. Im a bit unsure as to how this works because they im pretty sure both start at 9am! (pick ups would be possible but a bit of a rush, one finishes at 3pm and the other at 3.15pm) Also, the mindee i already have does 8.30-3.30 2 days a week. So im worried the times will clash, especially as mum usually drops her off a bit late. Plus she is 13 months and my son is 12 months, so it would be a nightmare carting them to 2 schools and home twice a day. Do you think i should just turn it down? Id really like to say yes but im just not sure it will work!

Hebs
04-03-2010, 04:05 PM
10 yr old can be left at school (at office) then take younger one along,

i collect from 4 different sschools, they come out at 3pm, 3.10pm, 3.20pm and 3.30pm :laughing:

miffy
04-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Depends how much you need the business - you could offer a month's trial and see how it goes.

It does sound like a lot of rushing about to me and not much time to get between the schools especially if you're pushing a buggy or having to get children in and out of cars, park etc and that's if the first school come out on time!

Miffy xx

Pipsqueak
04-03-2010, 04:07 PM
I sounds like it would be a bit hectic tbh but only you can be the judge of that one, especially if both sets of children start school at 9am - there is no way you can get both lots in on time.

It sounds like you have your doubts but if you can futher discuss it with parents perhaps you could give it a trial run.

I used to do a pick up from one school and then have to rush to get to the other and I had to give notice after a couple of months - it just wasn;t working out and it was really stressing me out. it was hard when child a was late out then that made me late to get to the other school - leaving children hanging around with the not too pleased teacher.

~Chelle~
04-03-2010, 05:11 PM
I did it once and would never do it again, so much stress and hassle, esp if you have little ones with you.

It all comes down to how much you need the money and whether you felt you could cope with the rushing from one school to another xx

It's a small world
04-03-2010, 05:17 PM
10 yr old can be left at school (at office) then take younger one along,

i collect from 4 different sschools, they come out at 3pm, 3.10pm, 3.20pm and 3.30pm :laughing:

I thought my two school runs were bad enough 3.15 & 3.30 :eek: Do you fi d it a struggle? Do you do this everyday ?

snufflepuff
04-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Thanks ladies. I do need the business really but i just dont think it is feasable! I have asked a friend and apparently the older child can be left in the playground from 8.45am so i can get the younger one to school, but im not sure where i would stand insurance-wise doing that, as id imagine they are still my resonsibility until school starts? Even so it will still be a rush and worse so if i have both the toddlers with me.
I wouldnt want to upset up current mindees parent by telling her she has to be here on time and that i wont have time to give her LO breakfast so she will have to do it at home!

cher25
04-03-2010, 08:26 PM
I thought my two school runs were bad enough 3.15 & 3.30 :eek: Do you fi d it a struggle? Do you do this everyday ?

I do school runs the same time as you 2 days a week. Find it a struggle, but manageable.

Minstrel
04-03-2010, 09:27 PM
I do two schools and it is do-able but i can't wait till september when i'll only have one.

Jelly Baby
04-03-2010, 10:29 PM
I have done this before and is a rush but possible...just!.the only thing i didnt like was doing it in the pouring rain etc and assuming you are walking it always takes longer than you think?

Why don't you do a 4 week trial just to see how it goes..if it's ok great and if not you haven't lost anything.
Good luck x