PDA

View Full Version : Minimum amount of hours

Adiamond
04-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Hi, I have just had a long awaited enquiry :D for a 2 year old little girl. She wants her to come a couple of times a week for a couple of hours, now my question is shall I charge her a minimum amount of hours? would you? or shall I just take the 4 hours? ooooohhhh I don't know what to do:blush: x

miffy
04-03-2010, 03:51 PM
You need to make it worth your while financially - she will be taking up a place on 1 or 2 days a week and you'll have to do all paperwork and EYFS so charging either a higher rate when you have her or a minimum number of hours would be quite reasonable.

Miffy xx

AliceK
04-03-2010, 06:06 PM
You need to make it worth your while financially - she will be taking up a place on 1 or 2 days a week and you'll have to do all paperwork and EYFS so charging either a higher rate when you have her or a minimum number of hours would be quite reasonable.

Miffy xx

I wish I'd done this. I have a LO for 4 hrs one morning a week and I don't really think it's worth my while but she's lovely so I don't mind, wish I could have her more though.

xxxxxxx

PixiePetal
04-03-2010, 06:15 PM
I do minimum 5 hours a day.

If they want 4, they pay for 5! Makes it worth doing but so far all mine are quite long days (9 or 10 hours):)

Jelly Baby
04-03-2010, 11:13 PM
My current mindee does 3 very short days (2hrs in the morning) then thur, fri longer but still not all day so i charge her day fees each day regardless..mum was happy with this as it's the same as she was paying before the hours changed and actually asked me to charge the same as tax credits paid..worked out well for ages now..but i;m losing her in 3 weeks.:(

Sorry meant to say yes i would/do! the fact you are open and losing a space etc.
Good luck x

angeldelight
05-03-2010, 08:19 AM
I do no less than a min of 8 hours a week

Its not worth it for less

Good luck

Angel xx

little chickee
05-03-2010, 09:53 AM
I have a minimum of 5 hours per day.

Tatjana
05-03-2010, 10:28 AM
I have a minimum of 3 hrs daily, charged at my part time rate of £5 ph.

xx

Adiamond
05-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Thanks everyone, I am going to charge a higher hourly rate for these (I think!!!!!) then at least it makes it more worth my while :) x x x