PDA

View Full Version : sainsburys active kids

loocyloo
04-03-2010, 02:37 PM
:rolleyes:

just rang the help line to register for the sainsburys active kids 2010, as when i told a couple of parents i was accepting tesco vouchers again this year said they shopped at sainsburys, and the girl i spoke to said i could register ( and did register me without any fuss ) but said she didn't really think it was worth me registering, as i wouldn't get much back from it! :rolleyes:

i told her that last year i had over 4000 tesco vouchers in the end, and surely it was up to me, and that there were things i could get for a a few vouchers! ;)

avril
04-03-2010, 02:40 PM
I was told that when I registered 2yrs ago but I've had some lovely things;)

Happy collecting :D

miffy
04-03-2010, 03:40 PM
You can bank your vouchers until next year anyway so it doesn't matter if you don't get many.

Last year I got loads but it's not looking so good this year so I may bank them until next year

Miffy xx

georgie456
04-03-2010, 05:33 PM
I was told the same last year but still registered. I got loads of bits and managed to bank some vouchers for this year. Why do they seem so intent on putting childminders off the scheme? I'm baffled to be honest!

little miss chatterbox
04-03-2010, 05:35 PM
aaarrgggghhhhhh they wont register me!

loocyloo
04-03-2010, 05:58 PM
why won't they register you? :(

balloon
04-03-2010, 06:01 PM
They wont register me either!! I told them I knew loads of childminders who had registered and the bloke just said they're not allowed to register childminders!!!

Those who have been successful, did you phone up or do it as a nursery?

I've phoned twice now and both times been told no. :angry:

Beckieboo
04-03-2010, 06:34 PM
They wont register me either :crying:

green puppy
04-03-2010, 06:40 PM
I phoned to register the other day knowing full well they were going to say no. I asked the lady why they were excluding childminders as we are professional childcarers that follow the same guidelines as nurserys and pre-schools. She got very flustered and just kept saying I wouldn't get enough vouchers. When I asked what the minimum value in the catalogue was she couldn't even tell me! I just kept on saying that sainsburys were not being very inclusive to those parents who use a a childminder and spend money in sainsbury's yet their children are being excluded from getting the benefits of the collected vouchers! She then went on to register me.:thumbsup: :laughing:

SmartKids
04-03-2010, 06:49 PM
I eventually registered last year and have been sent a pack this year. I told them that I had 16 children on my books and had the back up from parents. They still kept saying no so eventually I said that I have a right as I am a childcare provider that has to offer the same opportunities as nurseries, reception year as ofsted dictate, that soon shut them up and they let me join. Good Luck

Gizmo
04-03-2010, 07:07 PM
I couldnt get registered either I think I will phone them tomorrow and try again :littleangel:

Dragonfly
04-03-2010, 07:13 PM
They told me i couldnt register as a childminder as childminders do not have enough children. when asked how many children i have, i said 11 over the week and he was surprised said most have 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also said try again next year:( registered with tesco okay.

green puppy
05-03-2010, 08:30 AM
I think we need to quote the Every child matters agenda and make a point of saying they are discriminating against the parents and children that choose a childminder! They don't even have a specific reason for not registering us.

Beckieboo
05-03-2010, 10:00 AM
Good News! :clapping: :clapping:

I have just rang and spoke to a guy called 'Paul' and he was very happy to register me!! :)

He did tell me though that he didnt think it would be worth my while, but i told him that i had collected lots last year and had to give them to school as i wasnt registered!

Anyway i have my pack on the way and my confirmation email in my inbox!!

It was my second call to them, so good luck to you persistant ones, give them a ring and ask for Paul!! :laughing: :laughing:

georgie456
05-03-2010, 12:18 PM
They wont register me either!! I told them I knew loads of childminders who had registered and the bloke just said they're not allowed to register childminders!!!

Those who have been successful, did you phone up or do it as a nursery?

I've phoned twice now and both times been told no. :angry:

I registered last year via email. I basically would not back down and said what others have - that I offer the same care as pre-schools and nurseries and if they wouldn't register me they were discriminating against my profession. I also said that I was registering on behalf of my childminding group and that between us we actually have upto 20 children which is a bigger amount of children than my DD's pre-school class. (I may have exaggerated on the numbers a bit, but I did buy resources that we could use as a group! :blush: )

After that they registered me!

miffy
05-03-2010, 04:29 PM
If you've been turned down by Sainsbury's just keep trying - they will register you eventually.

Miffy xx

miss mopple
05-03-2010, 04:44 PM
They registered me last year with no problem and Ive had my pack for this year turn up today. last year I collected over 2500 vouchers so it was well worth it :thumbsup:

Keep hassling them if they wont register you. They shouldnt exclude you like that :angry:

helenlc
05-03-2010, 05:49 PM
I registered last year and at the time only had 2 LOs and an after schoolie.

She didnt think it would be worth it as I wouldnt collect enough and also they like the school age children's ones to go to the school.

I collected just over 7000 last year!!:clapping: I got loads of lovely bits from there.

I banked my Tesco ones from last year as I didnt have that many for what was available in the catalogue.

I put a newsletter out this week to my parents and a note on my FB status for people to send them my way.

For those that they wont register, just keep calling and hassling. There are things in the catalogue that are like 43 vouchers - so thats ridiculous to say you wont be able to get much. Actually I think there are some things, silly things tho, that are about 20.

Go thru the catalogue online and jot down the smallest amount ones (there are lists at the back of the catalogue) then quote that back to them when they say its not worth it.

Annie_T
08-03-2010, 10:13 AM
i just tried to register to be told that 'childminders can not register' :eek:
so i explained thats a lie as i know a few childminders have registered this year and in previous years.
for the girl to then say that 'i wont benefit from it'
i told her thats for me to decide not her but she wouldnt settle for it, so i said 'fine dont let me help the children in my care have things they can use to get active with thanks' put phone down

i then came onto comp and written a rather snotty email telling them i dont expect to be lied to or be told i wont benefit from a scheme i am entitled to join. I wanted to join to help the children in my care but this lady has put a barrier in the way for no reason.

lets see what comes back from it

really made me angry sorry

green puppy
08-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Ring back and ask why sainsburys is excluding the children whose parents decide to use a childminder? Tell them you care fore atleast 8 children and those parents shop in sainsburys. Tell them the parents are bringing you vouchers, say you already have 203 or something, and don't understand why their children can't benefit from them spending their money. Just keep on at them and they should do it!

Daisy1956
18-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Just registered ,woman I spoke to kept saying that it possibly wasn't worth me doing it as I needed 100,000s of vouchers for big items, i just let her talk and then said that i minded nine children (small exageration) and i thought i could collect quite a few. So she registered me i've looked at the cataloge and you don't need 1000s never mind 100,000s I think she was trying to put me off but after seeing other posts on here i didn't let her. Thanks everyone:)

SparklingGems
18-03-2010, 02:08 PM
There is a few childminders from my area, who have been turned down from sainsburys Im sure they are discriminating against childminders. I might try once Im registered maybe for next year. Everyone says to go with tescos they fine with childminders

maisiemog
19-03-2010, 04:30 PM
I've just rang up and registered with no problems. They did say it probably wasnt worth my while doing it. I just said I shopped at sainsburys so I wanted to get something back plus I've got everybody I know collecting for me.

Registered me with no problems at all! Asked how many kids I minded so I said one...they dont need to know that she is my dd as I haven't managed to find any mindees yet!

Had a look on the site and I already have enough vouchers for some of the things on my minding shopping list so I should be ok!!!