PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done the EYPS

Lily Grace
04-03-2010, 01:55 PM
I went for my interview/assessment to do the DHC unit 2 last night. I saw quite a few minders that I hadn't seen for a while and have swopped numbers. I have been feeling a bit down about child minding at the moment as I have no work and no enquiries so it was really good to see them. We kept being told off by the teachers as we were all gossiping. I overheard one of the teacher say "we have a lively bunch"!! The teachers were talking about the EYPS has anyone done this? What it is like and is it a good diploma to have.

yummymummy
04-03-2010, 03:56 PM
I was told you had to have a degree to do this.

Lily Grace
04-03-2010, 04:02 PM
They told us you do the EYPS then you can go on to do the degree.

Pipsqueak
04-03-2010, 04:02 PM
There are a couple of minders on here who have EYPs. I am heading in that direction too - hopefully.

You do need a degree to do it I am afraid!

jumpinjen
04-03-2010, 04:50 PM
If you already have a level 5 qualification (foundation degree level) then you can do a top-up degree along side the EYPS and the CWDC will fund it for you! I'm applying for nexxt year at the moment!:) :)

jenni

Pipsqueak
04-03-2010, 04:57 PM
They told us you do the EYPS then you can go on to do the degree.

I think there are 2/3 routes towards EYPs. Long route without degree, degree- then EYPs and then another way (I think)

I am now level 5 (FD) and am going to do my 3rd year and then onto EYP as I ahve to get my maths at some point before doing EYPs