PDA

View Full Version : help, all in fizz and need some help

jaja
04-03-2010, 11:08 AM
I just got a phone call and was in the car, answered and spoke to a girl who is pregnant and is due on the 1st august and needs childcare from spetmeber 1st, i booked her in on wednesday to see me, not sure now if i should of tolod her to come before wednesday or not, plus not sure oif i told her my address, and i dont have kids on a wednesday so maybe she wanted to see me with kids? oh and do i charge a deposite until baby is here or nothing to hold the space? help please all in a fizz now.....

help please xx

mama2three
04-03-2010, 11:13 AM
wow that baby could be just a couple of weeks old! im sure ive read somewhere that you cant hold a deposit / retainer for an unborn child - but someone better informed will be along soon. Just not sure its the best for mum or baby to be apart after as little as 2 weeks!
Anyway her number will be in your moobile , why not ring her back when you have more time and clarify with her. My first mindee i had made the appointment and realised when she was late that i hadnt given her the address! She still signed!

caz3007
04-03-2010, 11:19 AM
That baby will be very young. I would ring her back and have a chat, explain you were a bit confused as out in the car and now you are calmer, you would like to have a little chat and make sure you told her everything and confirm times etc.

I did this with one parent, as she called as I was going out the door to do the school run and she signed up with me

I always try to arrange the first visit when I dont have other children, so we can chat and then happy for them to visit again when I do have some if they wish

The Juggler
04-03-2010, 11:27 AM
wow that baby could be just a couple of weeks old! im sure ive read somewhere that you cant hold a deposit / retainer for an unborn child - but someone better informed will be along soon. Just not sure its the best for mum or baby to be apart after as little as 2 weeks!
Anyway her number will be in your moobile , why not ring her back when you have more time and clarify with her. My first mindee i had made the appointment and realised when she was late that i hadnt given her the address! She still signed!

that's right. you can only charge a retainer for children already born. You could charge a larger deposit instead maybe? I know you can't go back to work until 6 weeks but I guess with college those rules don't apply as they are for maternity leave. If she's at college, then apart from induction/enrolment day she probably won't start until mid-late September but baby would still be teeny.

Minstrel
04-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Its only two weeks that you legally have to have off work, although again i don't know if this applys to college.

xxx