PDA

View Full Version : Can you mention mindees in newsletters?

Cazz
04-03-2010, 12:48 AM
Things like Happy Birthday to ....... and Good luck to ........ who is starting school.

Things like that?

My mindees come on different days so the parents don't know each other. Would this be breaking confidentiality if I put such things in my newsletter? Am I supposed to get signed permission or anything?

Jules12Wed
04-03-2010, 07:21 AM
Oh I hope not as I put in mine photographs, new joiners, birthdays saying how old they will be etc.

Maybe I need to get a permission form done:eek:

RedDragon
04-03-2010, 07:48 AM
When they first start I have a permission form that they tick to say yes or no to everything I can think of regarding info on the children - my own website, other children's learning journeys etc. I suppose you could verbally ask and then just jot it down somewhere.

Minstrel
04-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Our school mentions the children (by their FULL name) all the time in their newsletters and we have not had to give permission. They have things like XX XXX scored the winning goal for the school team, or special achievement awards have been given to XX XXX and XX XXX this week.

crazyhazy
04-03-2010, 03:32 PM
I've not got any mindees yet but was planning to do similar in my newsletters once I get some. Certainly my dd nursery used to mention when they had someone new starting, birthdays, a new sibling etc and I don't remember ever giving permission.

MissTinkerbell
04-03-2010, 04:07 PM
I always mention things in mine - birthdays, photos and any special events. I have permission to use photos and include any general info in my newsletter.

When I had my inspection the inspector loved my newsletters and thought it was lovely that I told other parents about the mindees birthdays so that they could send a card, etc. She'd seen all my permission slips and never mentioned the fact that I could be breaching confidentiality so I assume that it is OK.