PDA

View Full Version : opinions Please!

jumpinjen
03-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Hi,

you are all so generous with your opinions and ideas, I wonder if I could pick your brains please, I am re-labelling my toys and not sure whther to use the photos i took, could you take a look and tell me what you think, or ideas of how you all do it please?

http://little-blossoms-childminding.blogspot.com/2010/03/labelling-resources-opinions-please.html

Thank you!!

jenni:)

bexcee
03-03-2010, 10:20 PM
I think it's a great idea to use your own photos, I have labeled all my toy boxes in a similar way but just using images I found on the internet. Your own photos are more personal and show what is really in the box. :clapping:

LittleStar's
03-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Thats what I do , I take pictures of the actual toys that are in the box, Ofsted inspector said she liked this and she suggested adding words too

katickles
03-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Yep - those photo's get my vote too :)

I took pics of mine, but got them out of the boxes & laid them on the table first - TBH I never thought of taking the pic from that angle:blush:

Lady Haha
03-03-2010, 11:40 PM
OOhh!!! I like!!! I have all my boxes labelled, but I have been meaning to print of some pics from internet of whats in them, but this idea is so much simpler and really does show whats in the box!!! So simple, it's genius!

Consider it stolen!

miffy
04-03-2010, 08:00 AM
Nice photos - some I'd take the things out of the box so you can see everything that's in there.

Miffy xx

Tink
04-03-2010, 08:03 AM
They're great photos. The children can see exactly whats in each box.

With my train track and car track, I set them up and took a picture if not it would look really messy and I did the same with the duplo bricks, just an idea:laughing:

Nicky
04-03-2010, 08:11 AM
I have actual photos of what is in the box and also Ofsted inspector said to add simple words too so the children can begin to recognise the words.

angeldelight
04-03-2010, 08:17 AM
I think they look great Jenni

Angel xx

Leanne59
04-03-2010, 08:21 AM
They look good, best get on with labeling my boxes/baskets havent thought of it!

jumpinjen
04-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Thanks guys.... I thought that the mega blocks would look better set up too, and the train track definately would, as well as the inuit set we have. i was planning to add words too, as i didn't last time round and I can see the benefit!

Jenni:)

Pudding Girl
04-03-2010, 08:15 PM
They look good but yes I would( and do) have the toys set up. Have to say your ethnic doll on first picture has freaked me out though:panic: :eek: :laughing: :blush:

jumpinjen
04-03-2010, 08:59 PM
They look good but yes I would( and do) have the toys set up. Have to say your ethnic doll on first picture has freaked me out though:panic: :eek: :laughing: :blush:

Other people have said that too but i think he's adorable!!! I found him on e-bay, apparently, there was a cartoon series in canada q few years ago that flopped majorly, just as a film deal was being agreed, and they had made all the merchandise already!! it was about characters that went into space supposedly, and he is the boy from it!! I also have the asian girl doll too, they have little red backpacks with them too and soft bodies.... the children love them, right from early on as they have smiley faces, but I understand they are an acquired taste.... I always hated bbage patch dolls;)

jenni:laughing:

FussyElmo
04-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Now i like them as they are now - unplayed instead of setting the scene :)

jumpinjen
04-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Now i like them as they are now - unplayed instead of setting the scene :)

That is a fab point, thankyou!!! The children know exactly where everything is as it stands now, but for new ones and Mrs O that don't know their way round, it is the way forwards!!!

Jen x

balloon
04-03-2010, 09:43 PM
I have photos of the actual toys too, and simple words like 'dolls' or 'small cars'

Loving yours x

Jelly Baby
04-03-2010, 10:32 PM
They look great well done x