PDA

View Full Version : those who have had variations

Kes
03-03-2010, 04:21 PM
How do they contact you to say if it has been accepted. I am on my 14th day of emailing my variation request. I phoned Ofsted today and they said they can't start chasing it till tomorrow as they have until the end of today to sort it. Does this mean I might get a phone call from them. Just fed up of waiting now I did ask for it to start on the 1st march.:(

louised
03-03-2010, 04:23 PM
I had to chase mine up after about 3 weeks and it had been granted for a couple of weeks and they hadn't bothered to contact me.

babydayz
03-03-2010, 05:39 PM
I got an emergency variation, i emailed them and kept phoning them a couple of times a day, i got mine within 5 days and they phoned me and told me it was granted and the next day i recieved a new certificate :)

loocyloo
03-03-2010, 05:44 PM
my 14 BUSINESS days ( i got caught out by 14 days, assuming 2 weeks last time! ) was up last wednesday! i gave them another day, then emailed on friday morning, got an emailed reply saying forwarded to variations dept, and i had a phone call monday morning to check they understood what i wanted, and had it correct on my certificate, said its all fine, certificate in the post monday or tuesday at the latest!

give them a call or email!

miffy
03-03-2010, 05:46 PM
They sometimes phone if they've got any questions about the application.

Phone them tomorrow if you've not heard anything and then every day until they sort it.

Good luck

Miffy xx

cuffleygirl
03-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Check your inspection report online - it may already have been altered to reflect your variation and hard copy of the variation will follow in the post.

Chatterbox Childcare
03-03-2010, 07:03 PM
They are snowed under and it can take up to 12 weeks, so keep calling and if tomorrow is the cut off point, ask to speak to an inspector

Kes
03-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Thanks everyone will defo be calling them again tomorrow just hope I don't have to chase them for too long.

Nicky
04-03-2010, 08:23 AM
I called on the day that I should of heard, they told me verbally over the phone and then my new certificate arrived a couple of days later. They were very nice and understanding that I needed to know asap as parent was under pressure at work to increase her hours!

Kes
04-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Well I checked the Ofsted website this morning and its been put on there :clapping: Thanks for all the replies.