PDA

View Full Version : does anyone care for little ones that ae just plain miserable?

jumpinjen
03-03-2010, 03:27 PM
My one little one is miserable all the time. I have a very good working relationship with mum, lo is always happy to come, engages with the toys and resources, is developing well, comes for cuddles when she needs/wants them. sleeps well, but she's a miserable little thing, moaning, tantrums, sulky faces, turning her back on me, squawking at the other children and it's getting depressing, does/has anyone else experienced this?

they've all been picked up early today hence me being on here!

Jenni:(

Jules12Wed
03-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Have 11 month old baby only comes one day a week and only been for two weeks so far, but both days he has cried non stop all day and hasn't slept a wink!!! I am coming to dread Tuesdays.

Pudding Girl
03-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Gosh yes! :panic:

Permanent thunder face despite all creature comforts being met. Just accepted that it is their natural disposition and nothing to do with me!!

WibbleWobble
03-03-2010, 03:39 PM
my 3yo niece is a real mizz mog

She runs her poor mummy ragged...complaining and whinging. She hits other kids whilst on play dates etc.

Mummy went to speak to nursery about her behavior and guess what..

she is a little:littleangel: apparently she is happy, loving and sweet.

dastardly kids!

cabby
03-03-2010, 03:55 PM
i have 2, brother and sister!! they are NEVER happy:panic:

Tink
03-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Oh tell me about it!!!

I look after a Lo nearly 3 going on 33!! He plays fine in the morning, has a nap and turns into devil child:( He smacks, throws toys and is a general little grump.

Mum said he's exactly the same at home it's the terrible 2's

ziggy
03-03-2010, 04:16 PM
i have one who is bit like that. Have found if i ignore sulking, moaning, complaining and play along with happier ones she soon comes round:)

caz3007
03-03-2010, 04:29 PM
i have one who is bit like that. Have found if i ignore sulking, moaning, complaining and play along with happier ones she soon comes round:)

I have one like that, trouble is its my husband!!!!

grindal
03-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Mine is not miserable but I have to admit I find him a bit boring. All he wants to do is wheel a car around the house. All day, every day, all the time, same car up and down and up and down and up and down. It is beyond repetative!!! He is not very interactive and does not like to do anything else - even if it is car related!

jelly15
03-03-2010, 05:07 PM
I have one LO who just sounds like a siren, no tears just whines, but when she does smile she is just lovely.

loocyloo
03-03-2010, 05:40 PM
i have one! nearly 4 now, had him 3 or 4 days a week since he was 6 mths old! very rarely smiles or laughs, never wants and rarely accepts cuddles ( even at 6 mths he would go rigid if i tried to cuddle too close)

he is happy to come, plays ( another who would just push a car all day long or alternatively, peddle a trike round and round and round the garden all day ) and interacts but is just not a cheery soul!

i've just accepted its him!

i thought i'd got another one :rolleyes: ( and began to wonder why i attracted them !! :laughing: ) when suddenly, at 2 1/2 she came out of her self and is a cheerful, chatty, bouncy little soul! ( she had been with me 9 mths by that point !!!)

jumpinjen
03-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Gosh yes! :panic:

Permanent thunder face despite all creature comforts being met. Just accepted that it is their natural disposition and nothing to do with me!!

You wouldn't believe how relieved I am to hear that it isn't just me, I was beginning to think I was failing her in some way but maybe it is just her disposition.... the other Lo I have is permanent sweetness and light so the differences are even more marked!!!

Feeling better already.... thanks for rallying round everyone!

Jenni:)

Saranotts
03-03-2010, 05:56 PM
I look after a 7 year old in the holidays and she has got the most miserable face ever and I was worried that it was just with me but she looks exactly the same when she is with her mum! At first it used to get to me and I used to go out of my way to make her smile but now I just let her be and do all our activities and if she does smile its a big bonus.

Sara

bexcee
03-03-2010, 09:44 PM
I have one like that, trouble is its my husband!!!!

:ROFL1: that make me laugh! Not a lot you can do with him!!

Cazz
04-03-2010, 12:40 AM
Have 11 month old baby only comes one day a week and only been for two weeks so far, but both days he has cried non stop all day

Ditto!

My 10 mth old started at the end of November but due to holidays and illnesses he has only been about 8 times. He has serious seperation anxiety.

To be fair, by the afternoon after he has been fed and had a decent nap he does stop crying but he has probably only smiled about 3 times in all the weeks I've been minding him. He doesn't play with anything for more than a couple of minutes either. He wants to be picked up, when I do he normally wants to go down again :rolleyes: He is teething though so I think that plays a part in it.

Don't worry Jen - I was like you and was beginning to take it personally but the fact that he eats and sleeps for similar lengths of time as at home indicates he does feel settled enough. Also, all my other mindees (including a little girl who is exactly one week younger than this one) are always smiling and laughing so I can't be that awful!!

It is hard work though and I have to admit if I'm feeling a bit off colour I have cancelled him before as I just couldn't face the thought of his crying.

karen m
04-03-2010, 09:16 PM
i have lo who comes running in is happy to eat,sleep, play with others and every toy they have she wants,but her little face looks so miserable all the time ,often she cries but with no noise just tears this can go on for hours even when were playing tears just roll,today she slapped other mindee across face asked her to say sorry ,she did but then cried with no noise for about 20 min, told her mum and her words " she just a little cow "same at home i was so taken aback a mother would call her child that ,she has been with me for 2 years:rolleyes: