PDA

View Full Version : Would it work

caz3007
03-03-2010, 02:51 PM
I am thinking ahead a bit here, and was wondering if my hubby registered as my assistant, would be allowed to collect a child from school and bring them to me as I would have to wait for other children who arrive independantly from secondary school.

I dont have other children here at the moment, but just considering the options if it was the case.

Minstrel
03-03-2010, 03:53 PM
I don't know because there is somethign to do with assistants not being allowed sole charge over children on the childcare register but perhaps it would work better if you did it the other way around? The children would be over 8 and so maybe can be left with assistant?

caz3007
03-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Thanks for that Minstrel, it probably would work better that way. I have looked after the older ones for some years and I know their mums would both be fine with hubby being there with them.

Mouse
03-03-2010, 05:28 PM
As I understand it, assistants can be left with children for a short (ie. a school run) as long as they have an up to date first aid certificate, are CRB checked, Ofsted has approved it & parents give written permission to say it's OK.

My cm friend often leaves mindees with her registered assistants while she does the school run to save taking them all out. I assume it could work the other way in that the assistant could do the pick up?

loocyloo
03-03-2010, 05:34 PM
a registered assistant can collect school aged mindees from school and bring them home, but CAN NOT ( for some unspecified reason ) be at home with them unsupervised.

a registered assistant can however, stay at home with under 5's, whilst the childminder collects the older children from school!

i don't know what happens when mindded child turns 8!

Chatterbox Childcare
03-03-2010, 07:04 PM
You can do it either way if they are Ofsted approved, permission from parents, vehicle registered as business use, first aid qualified and insured.

caz3007
03-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the advice, will have a think about it, if the need arises