PDA

View Full Version : Innoculations

hello kitty
03-03-2010, 01:50 PM
I am due to start minding an 8 month old very soon but the father has informed me today that he has not been vaccinated at all. :eek: When I asked why he just shrugged!!!!! Is it good practice to take on the baby as he will be with other children and may be susceptible to any possible illness. I can't find any info as to whether I can or can't take him on bearing this in mind.

Why are your views?

AliceK
03-03-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm not 100% sure but I think that you cannot discriminate on these grounds. It's obviously the parents responsibility and by not having him vaccinated they must know that he will be susseptible (sp??) to picking things up. I do think it is more common than you think that parents are choosing not to vaccinate.

xxxxxx

Hebs
03-03-2010, 02:09 PM
Wouldn't bother me at all TBH x

little chickee
03-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Its their choice not to vaccinate so if they are happy to expose him to illness and infection thats up to them.

I would still take him on but make them very aware of your infection control policy and exactly what illness you will exclude him for making sure that are aware that if he is excluded due to illness they still have to pay.