PDA

View Full Version : advise please r.e payment

sandy64
03-03-2010, 01:49 PM
hi im in need of some advice please i look after a wonderful lo and have for 2yrs mum was made redundant but got a temping job in a school she pays half for all hols,and would of finished with me 20july until she found another job,luckly she has just been offered a full time job with them so question is when she finishes july she wont get payed until she starts in sept do i charge anythink or not?? or just start from sept? she will be my only one lo as other 2 finish july to go on to start school, any advice please:)

Minstrel
03-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Could you afford to just ask for a deposit for septembers fees? Treat it as if child is finishing and them beginning again with a new contract and perhaps advertise for holidays only care. Or just enjoy a lovely summer with your own children!

Only you know what you care afford to do and if you still need to charge half for the holiday then mum will have to find the money.

sandy64
03-03-2010, 02:21 PM
how much do you ask for a deposit? i know it would be nice to have quiet hols,

Minstrel
03-03-2010, 02:25 PM
I usually ask for 4 weeks fees (its covered the notice period if they don't return then!) and make sure you specify its non refundable if they don't return.

Daftbat
03-03-2010, 03:51 PM
I would do whatever you think you can afford to do really. Every situation is different and the fact that you are not full could have a bearing since the parent could in theory just take a chance and see if you have room in September anyway. I would do a contract finish and restart personally with a deposit as a good will gesture as has been advised already. However, you would be perfectly reasonable to ask for a retainer eaqch week to cover the period - a nursery would do this anyway.

Hope you manage to sort out a deal which suits you both.