PDA

View Full Version : Is this ok?

louise
03-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Hi. Mindee is due to leave soon as mum is expecting. She has asked me if i could have mindee when she goes into labour as her mum lives 2 hrs away. Am i right in thinking i can do this as a friend? Even if its over night and im not registured for over night? Even if i have other mindees here? I just want to be sure. I'm happy not to do it for fee but as a friend i knew the mum before she had mindee. Mum has noone else local and would prfer her to come to me as she is use to it here. I would still be in numbers as her place hasn't been filled yet.
Thanks Louise

Blaze
03-03-2010, 12:17 PM
As long as you are within your numbers (including mindees, this LO & any of your own children) then yes you can. :)

louise
03-03-2010, 12:32 PM
I thought so and i will be. It will be lovely to have her even if its just a few hours. Going to miss the cheeky one and all mindees will miss her.

sunflower
03-03-2010, 01:05 PM
I had a mindee when her mum went into hospital for 2nd child

I got mum to write me a letter saying that i was looking after her daughter as a friend and i wasnt getting paid.

The parents did buy me some lovely flowers and a bottle of vodka as a thank you

:D

louise
03-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Thats a good idea about the letter. Thanks.

Hebs
03-03-2010, 02:27 PM
I had a mindee when her mum went into hospital for 2nd child

I got mum to write me a letter saying that i was looking after her daughter as a friend and i wasnt getting paid.

The parents did buy me some lovely flowers and a bottle of vodka as a thank you

:D

That's classed as a reward so be careful!

caz3007
03-03-2010, 02:38 PM
That's classed as a reward so be careful!

It does get ridiculous though, when I had my son, I didnt have family here, so a friend looked after my older child and I bought her chocs and flowers to say thanks. Isnt it normal to give someone who has done you a huge favour a gift