PDA

View Full Version : EYFS

SARAHW26
11-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Hi Everyone

I had my reg visit yesterday, and asked the inspector which frame work I should be using B23 or new frame work EYFS, she advised me to use the EYFS, as ofsted will be inspecting from it from April 08. If that makes sence.

Just thought it would be useful.

Sarah:)

angeldelight
11-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Thanks for that Sarah

Angel xx

susi513
11-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Thats interesting. Thought we weren't required to use it til September. Good job I've not got an inspection due - I couldn't get on any training before May!

Although if its the requirement to be using it from September it make sense to know what we're doing well before the start date.

deeb66
11-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Hi Everyone

I had my reg visit yesterday, and asked the inspector which frame work I should be using B23 or new frame work EYFS, she advised me to use the EYFS, as ofsted will be inspecting from it from April 08. If that makes sence.

Just thought it would be useful.

Sarah:)

Now I am confused.

As far as I knew Ofsted inspectors were only starting to have their training as from April 08 so that they are ready to implement the new inspections from September.

angeldelight
11-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Another one of those .......

We all get told different things etc

Who knows what is right

When it happens it will happen haha

Angel xx

miffy
11-12-2007, 10:05 PM
I thought the same as dee - guess will just have to wait and see, no point jumping will wait til pushed

Miffy

deb24
14-12-2007, 11:41 PM
What do we need to learn?
What will the inspectors ask us?

angeldelight
14-12-2007, 11:43 PM
We do not really know yet Deb

Do not panic we will let you know once we all know

Angel xx

nannan
16-12-2007, 01:43 PM
I think it wont hurt looking through the packs we have got, but until we have had the training how can we be using the packs and doing the correct observations on something nobody has had training on, including ofsted who as yet dont know what they will be inspecting us on as they havent had they training themselves, I feel that we should be getting used to the packs between now and September but still working towards the birth to three or foundation stage as we have an idea of what we are doing with them,

SARAHW26
16-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Hi every one

I do agree with what your saying, but I can't get hold of b23 pack or the foundation stage guidance, so i will have to work with what i have got. But like everyone else has said so ofsted really know what there doing??????:laughing:

sarah

sarah707
16-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Online links to all the packs (Birth to 3 and Foundation Stage) here Sarah -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=47

Hope they help!

I'm using them in conjunction with EYFS until I get used to it... this way, children get the best of everything and I learn as I go...

SARAHW26
16-12-2007, 08:14 PM
Thanks Sarah

:)