PDA

View Full Version : Help, hubby ill - should I close?

Melissa
03-03-2010, 07:47 AM
Hello, need a bit of advice - my husband has been up all night with D&V (really bad) and I'm not sure whether I should close or not. Obviously if it was me or my own children I definitely would, but not sure about hubby? Technically it's the same as he's in the house - germs might spread? Is it different if he's isolated upstairs?

Really don't want to close as I was ill last week quite suddenly and had to ring a parent to collect their child... starting to feel like a really unreliable childminder. It's like a plague house! Obviously I'll close if necessary but I feel terrible when I'm feeling fine! Or should I let the mum know, then she can decide?

Thanks in advance xxx

SimplyLucy
03-03-2010, 07:49 AM
Do you have a separate bathroom so your mindees don't have to share with your hubby?

I have worked when my DP has been ill but he has spent the day in the loft conversion with the ensuite so there is no chance of cross infection.

mama2three
03-03-2010, 07:50 AM
i would keep hubby upstairs and away from the children and work as normal. have done this with my teens - just been a bit extra careful hygeine wise. Guess it depends on how much fussing your hubby is going to need or if he'll leave you to work.

miffy
03-03-2010, 07:51 AM
I would definitely give parents the choice of whether to bring their children or not.

If hubby can be away from the children and you have separate facilities like Lucy says then you could work but I think it's fair to give parents the choice

Miffy xx

angeldelight
03-03-2010, 07:56 AM
I would definitely give parents the choice of whether to bring their children or not.

If hubby can be away from the children and you have separate facilities like Lucy says then you could work but I think it's fair to give parents the choice

Miffy xx

I would do the same

Hope hubby gets well soon

Angel xx

caz3007
03-03-2010, 08:00 AM
I would offer the parents the choice. When my DS was unwell with a asick bug, I managed to isolate him cos one of my mindies had to come that day, it was hard work, but it was ok.

If your hubby has to share the bathroom with the mindies, then make sure he anti bacs everything after he has visited the bathroom

Melissa
03-03-2010, 08:05 AM
Only one bathroom but just have the one mindee who is just 13 months so she doesn't use the bathroom (though I do). She's coming at lunchtime so will ring the parent and let her know. Thanks everyone! xxx