PDA

View Full Version : Just when thing were going well

Shirlwith3
03-03-2010, 06:46 AM
well I am now loosing all 3 of my under 5's mindees the 2 siblings are going, one is leaving in April the other is going end of June beacuse mum would like to send them both to a private nursery 9 miles from their home, I feel really used by this family & now the lo that is awiating an hospital appoinmtent & have have helped in sooooooooooooooo many ways is leaving to have no date yet but mum is in army & is getting posted back to Scotland to work in the recuritment office, I know it is not her fault as this the army's way of helping her as they now no that she has a child that has many problems so will mean she can not go on operational dutys, plus it will be better for her as last week she sent the child back to her mums to give her a break as she is not coping on her own even though since Jan she has had her brother stay & I have had L 10hrs a day. When mum told me last night he was going I felt so ill as the lasck of calls.

I have had peole come to visit one was for a baby not born yet due end of April & mum is hoping to go back to work middle of Aug /Sept. I ahd another family coming would have been a nice one to have but they played silly buggers when they contacted me 2 weeks ago they aslo saw my friend & said yes as I was having trouble contacting them I texted to say do you still want to see me or have you found another childminder you like in the mean time I have applied for a variation on to be told that they have gone to my friend, they have not signed contracts yet but have started settling sessions. I also had another couple come last week wanting childcare from may so am waitning to hear back would be nice to have atleast one contract signed as hubby has said he will sell my Espace & get a smaller car.

Sorry about the rant

mama2three
03-03-2010, 07:52 AM
oh no - hope things sort themselves out and that phone starts ringing for you. x

caz3007
03-03-2010, 07:57 AM
So sorry this has happened and hope some of the maybe's become positive and you get more calls soon :)

cuffleygirl
03-03-2010, 07:58 AM
these things have a habit of working out - there is prob a great family round the corner - get out and about whilst you have mindee's to all the local toddler groups etc and let people see how great you are with them you are sure to get enquires make sure you carry cards with numbers.

Good luck - sure it will work out.

angeldelight
03-03-2010, 07:59 AM
Sorry to hear that Shirl

Hope you get heaps of new calls soon

Angel xx

little chickee
03-03-2010, 10:18 AM
That is all very upsetting for you. It can be difficult to lose 1 mindee but to lose so many all so close together must be very hard.

just up your advertising and hopefully it will all work out

Bitsy Beans
03-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Crossing my fingers you get some work soon xx

little_gems
03-03-2010, 10:22 AM
its horriable when this hapenes hope you get some calls soon

Shirlwith3
03-03-2010, 11:53 AM
This happened to me last year as well, I have just updated my information on CIS but can't find the numebr for the network childminder so I can tell her about my spaces. I will put my car vancancies sign in car. Not sure what else I can do.

TheBTeam
03-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Sending you some good luck vibes!

helenlc
03-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Sorry to hear that.

As someone else said get yourself out and noticed while you still have the LOs with you to go to toddler groups etc.

How about a t-shirt or fleece with your details on?

SandCastles
03-03-2010, 08:04 PM
sorry to hear your news, lets hope your phone keeps ringing.

~Chelle~
03-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Sorry to hear that, hopefully you will get some calls xx

Shirlwith3
05-03-2010, 02:28 PM
well 2 of the 3 that came to see me last week have gone else where still waitng on the other one but then she has not had baby yet.
Then today I test L's mum to ask if she has any dates yet for posting & lo coming back as I suppected she is thinking of leaving him up there with her mum till she is posted up there so looks like he not coming back now. wish she would make her mind & give me notice then I can advertise he place too.
AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Not had a call for days either even though net work childminder has given out my number this week.