PDA

View Full Version : What have you all done today in this glorious sunshine?

jumpinjen
02-03-2010, 07:53 PM
We have had a fabulous day:

http://little-blossoms-childminding.blogspot.com/2010_03_01_archive.html

jenni:laughing:

miffy
02-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Sounds like you've had a very busy day!

We've been in the garden too today - we got out every single bike, scooter, pushchair and pram and checked they were in good order!; did some weeding (some of us need more training in what a weed is :rolleyes: ); swept up some leaves and re-discovered the sand pit :D

It was great to be outside and I've got lots of ideas of things to do/change outdoors from it.

Miffy xx

karen m
02-03-2010, 08:01 PM
I only had 1 mindee today so we went to wales to sign some paper work for new caravan,had a walk along beach,his mum was happy about him going saying sea air may make him sleep tonight lol::clapping:

Minstrel
02-03-2010, 08:04 PM
fab :clapping:

I always enjoy looking at your site- very interesting! :thumbsup:

jumpinjen
02-03-2010, 08:06 PM
did some weeding (some of us need more training in what a weed is :rolleyes:

It was great to be outside and I've got lots of ideas of things to do/change outdoors from it.

Miffy xx

:ROFL1: that is so funny.... all the snow drops are gone then????

I had opportunity to sit (yes actually sit :laughing: ) with a cuppa for ten minutes and I have loads of plans too.... oh, hubby should just wait til i give him his springtime job list!!!!

jen

Bitsy Beans
02-03-2010, 08:07 PM
I cleaned out the sandpit and added a bag of new sand :clapping:

Mindee and DS helped me "dig" a little bit of veggie patch (added some of last years compost to it and I was just hoe-ing it in). Did time general tidying and sweeping and cutting back whilst the kids rode every single bike, trike and scooter and played chase :D

My knees are shot to pieces though. I swear I have the body of a 90 year old :o

Winnie
02-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Me & mindee went for a little walk up the road & out onto the field, it was very muddy and squelchy :p then back up the road to the level crossing and waited for a train to come along. Lots of learning opportunities :) lo got tired so i carried her home on my right hip and her muddy wellies in my left hand :laughing:

jumpinjen
02-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Me & mindee went for a little walk up the road & out onto the field, it was very muddy and squelchy :p then back up the road to the level crossing and waited for a train to come along. Lots of learning opportunities :) lo got tired so i carried her home on my right hip and her muddy wellies in my left hand :laughing:

What a beautiful picture you paint!!

Sounds blissful!

jenni:)

miffy
02-03-2010, 08:16 PM
:ROFL1: that is so funny.... all the snow drops are gone then????

jen

No, funnily enough they know what a snowdrop is because we've been spotting those on our walks!

It was a few tiny orange crocus that bit the dust - we pushed them back in but they look a bit bedraggled and lop-sided :laughing:

Miffy xx

francinejayne
02-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Aw it sounds lovely. We spent most of the morning playing outside in the back garden, bouncing on the trampoline and hunting for snails (my mindee's favourite pasttime - and I promised her she can take every one she finds home with her!! :laughing: ) and playing ball. Then after school pick up we drew round each other's shadows on the pavement with chalk - amazing how tall our shadows are!!!
What a lovely day!! :D

sarah707
02-03-2010, 09:32 PM
I spent most of the day dashing around after a 1 and a bit year old putting his shoes and socks back on.

He was so funny... he went out, took off his shoes and socks, didn't like the feeling and cried... then repeated the process about 10 times :laughing:

We checked the toys out in the shed and have decided that some need replacing so we are going to look through the Argos catalogue later in the week together.

:D

TheBTeam
02-03-2010, 09:59 PM
We started with making daffodil pictures (planned for yesterday but didnt happen) then we went outside to enjoy the beautiful sunshine, playing with the ride ons/ins pushchairs and pirate ship.

We came in for lunch as had hot food, littleones slept while i wrote up a couple of obs for two of them, had a lovely walk to school, spotting the hoops in the trees, and talking about the snow going and no rain!

Back home with just one littleone left and the bigger ones we decorated some cakes with alphabet stuff which we had with fruit for a snack and some to go home and then back in the garden to play and then indoors dancing to music!

Then i went off in the vain hope of getting fit to aquarobics!

loocyloo
02-03-2010, 10:03 PM
we went to feed the ducks ( or in the case of one mindee, eat the bread! ) and played in the park.

back home we all went outside, i opened the toy shed, got out some ride ons ... and they had gone back inside and taken boots off! no one wanted to go outside! :rolleyes:

huggableshelly
02-03-2010, 10:10 PM
walked to school ... bad idea with 3 violins

walked to nursery for 11:30am pick up .... badidea nursery child had silly shoes on so ended up carrying younger one whilst nursery child sat in buggy

brainwave idea to walk on 3pm school run followed by a play at the park .... GOOD idea till it was time to head home ...... my DD screamed as didnt want to walk, too tired and demanded that I walk home to fetch the car and then go back to give her a lift home! yeah right ....... anyway managed to DRAG her home (age 9 too big to carry) with another 6 children in tow walking perfectly knowing I was stressing over my own DD!

spent the last hour of my working day in the garden, DD wrote me a letter .... it basically stated, I know I'm the most naughtiest girl in the whole world but please dont sell me on ebay ... I love you Mommy xxx

pfft as if anyone would want to buy a little toerag anyway! maybe its time I stopped joking about selling them on ebay huh

hmm its now 10:10pm think I'll go to bed now after waving good child fairy dust on her head!

manjay
02-03-2010, 10:10 PM
I only had 1 mindee today so we went to wales to sign some paper work for new caravan,had a walk along beach,his mum was happy about him going saying sea air may make him sleep tonight lol::clapping:

We went to Wales too:rolleyes: (well actually we never left) but it was way too cold still here!!!!

Ripeberry
02-03-2010, 10:20 PM
No mindee today, so spent the morning in the garden, digging over the vegetable patches and putting down plastic to warm the soil. Put plastic up on the old aviary as I'm turning it into a greenhouse for the tomatoes this summer :)
Pity the weather is going cold and dull for the next few days :(

ORKSIE
02-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Went to ferry meadows and fed the ducks....This took so much longer than usual, because the LO that usually sleeps thru this was awake!
Therefore she wanted to walk and feed the ducks too:clapping: :clapping:
she had a wail of a time and slept for 2 hrs this afternoon:laughing: I am so pleased that she enjoyed this experience for once

Carpet Monkeys
02-03-2010, 10:41 PM
We went to Wales too:rolleyes: (well actually we never left) but it was way too cold still here!!!!

Yeah I saw that it was -99 in Wales overnight !!!!!! Slight error there I think!

babs
02-03-2010, 11:30 PM
went to playgroup this morning with new mindee,she has never been to a playgroup b4 came home had lunch within 15 minutes she had fallen asleep in middle of living room floor,picked her up,lay her on settee, hubby sit down to drink his coffee while i was writing up what lo had done at playgroup turned round to see hubby flat out on settee and lo had curled up by his feet covered them both up went to clear away lunch dishes ... shame she missed out on the sun mum picks up at 2.00pm .. but we did go out yesterday as it was a lovely day here so cleared all leaves away while she explored the garden ....

mamasheshe
03-03-2010, 09:37 AM
we went to thew park after school for the second time this year whoo hooooooooo

Bitsy Beans
03-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Well we've been out in the garden again this morning but boy what a let down after the last couple of days. No sun, cold and dull booooooooooo :mad:

babs
03-03-2010, 08:50 PM
went out in garden today and boy what a wind chill... its was freezing after about 5 minutes lo cam inside and stood in kitchen saying are u coming in too...

jumpinjen
03-03-2010, 09:55 PM
We wrapped up and went out after lunch and the sun came out to play again for us!! We moved logs around with barrows, blew and chased bubbles, cleaned and filled the sand table, and estimated how many giant steps it would take to reach different things on the patio..... drew parking places for all the wheeled toys, redisocovered the scooter we couldn't find yesterday, and came in for warm milk 2 hours later! Once again exhausted little people... they really aren;t used to it after the winter!

Bless them!!

jen x