PDA

View Full Version : Fed up me

Helen Dempster
02-03-2010, 06:41 PM
HOW AM I EVER GOING TO FIND SOME MINDEES??????

I've had just one mindee now for months, and all the enquiries have amounted to nothing, for one reason or another. I so envy all you lot who have lots of kids on your books...what am I doing wrong??? :(

bexcee
02-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Hang in there the right child/ren is just around the corner! Maybe the other ones just weren't right.
I am the same, two left in October and I still haven't replaced them, not even getting any enquires at the moment :panic:

Helen Dempster
02-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Hang in there the right child/ren is just around the corner! Maybe the other ones just weren't right.
I am the same, two left in October and I still haven't replaced them, not even getting any enquires at the moment :panic:

I never envisaged it being so hard to get children to care for! I hope you fill your spaces soon too hun.

sarah707
02-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Tell everyone!

Tell other minders if they are full or can't help to give out your number.

Keep ringing the local information services and making sure your details are going out too.

take business cards to the park and go to the local groups.

Good luck! :D

miffy
02-03-2010, 07:54 PM
See if you can advertise at your local baby clinic, library, anywhere where mums and children go..................

Check out any large employers in your area - hospitals etc and advertise there

Get yourself a jacket or bag with your business name and phone number on then take it everywhere with you when you are working.

Good luck and don't give up

Miffy xx

mamasheshe
02-03-2010, 08:08 PM
toddler groups ?? good luck :thumbsup:

Bitsy Beans
02-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Well if you're anything like me I advertised, made sure I was up to date with CIS etc, did a leaflet drop etc and it's still taken me 12 months to fill my vacancies. It's not always something you've done, lots of people cutting back, on reduced hours or redundant so if you have that to compete with it's hard.
Crossing my fingers that something turns up soon xxx

Probey9
02-03-2010, 08:13 PM
You are not alone, things have been very quiet but things seem to be picking up. I am the same, got one leaving at the end of March and keeping my fingers crossed that I will find someone to replace them quickly. Hang on in there, hopefully you will find someone soon.

Adiamond
02-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Same here, I registered last May and I have 1 mindee Mon - Fri and siblings after school 2-3 times a week. I could really do with some more in the daytime. I am advertising everywhere I can think of, I have my advert on my car, I honestly do not know what else i can do to get more business.
I too didn't think it would be THIS difficult grrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!
x x x

It's a small world
02-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Tell everyone!

Tell other minders if they are full or can't help to give out your number.

Keep ringing the local information services and making sure your details are going out too.

take business cards to the park and go to the local groups.

Good luck! :D

Put cards up in shops (wilkinsons allow them in are area)

Get some leaflets printed (vistaprint) post them through letterboxes in your area.

If you have a car do an advert (mine has my name/telephone no/ website address and a big box saying vacancies)

Maybe doctors or dentists

What about a local magazine or paper (i know it might cost but might help and pays off if someone calls)

Hope they help ...and do what Sarah suggests...tell other cms...or mothers (might have a friend who is looking as going back to work or something!!) as word of mouth is a good advert

Ripeberry
02-03-2010, 10:18 PM
I've only got two mindees and one of them is only 5hours a week. I get around it by having two other jobs. Sorting e-mails for my other half's business and cleaning the local pre-school in the evenings.
Hope you get some enquiries soon :)

Mrs Book
02-03-2010, 10:24 PM
I'm another one that could do with more mindees. Have one little girl that is going down from full time to 10hrs a week.

Had a mom come last week and just waiting for dad to come & see me and decide if he wants a place or not.

People have said that once places for school & nursery in September then hopefully people will start looking for CM's.

Good luck hope you get some mindees soon.

Carpet Monkeys
02-03-2010, 10:36 PM
Do you have a local National Childbirth Trust group? If so, contact them ... mine are having a Nearly New Sale at our local sports centre this week, and I've donated some cash along with 300 leaflets which will go out to my target market via their carrier bags ... I'm hoping for some calls this weekend.

Are you on childcare.co.uk? I've just had my first phone call through them! How about yell.com / freeindex / netmums?

Shirlwith3
03-03-2010, 06:48 AM
I know the feeling just as things are going well & filled my 3 under 5's, I am now loosing all 3 over the next 6months.
Have had poeple come just not heard back from 2 yet.

little chickee
03-03-2010, 10:22 AM
You are not doing anything wrong! It can be very difficult. When i was going through my reg process i was told that there was always plenty of people needing minders and i would have no problem but this has not been the case.

I have had some quiet spells and have never actually been full.
You cant make people need you. Its just a case of trying to make sure that those who do can easily find your details. Good Luck.

Jemima77
03-03-2010, 02:18 PM
I put together a website with 'freewebs' really easy to do and I would say that all of my enquiries have come through parents looking at it via the Family infolink site that the local council put together...might be worth ago xx